[WEB/INFO] V10list v0.1 - List MC Servers in a Whole New Way! [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by jwnordquist, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Offline

jwnordquist

This plugin will list your server on http://mcserverlisting.com, witch is a website where your server is dynamically ranked by your last login, not listed on a voting system like most server listing sites.
    Like it? well spread the word! the more servers we get on here, the more forums its posted on, the more popular The site, and your mine craft server gets!

Features

Will post your server on MCServerListing.com
    As the site gets more popular, more people will see your sever.

known issues

Gives you a "null" error if you enter the port for your server in the config file of the plugin
    Posible instability with 1000's of servers listed, currently there is no way to test.

To do List:

Find any possible bugs and add code for more features.

Credits

v10lator did plugin development and php scripting hoyohoyo9 helped with website design

Instructions

ChangeLog

Beta1 - Plugin releaced

Beta2 - Moved Server IP to config file, alowes the use of domain names rather than just the IP address.

Planed

beta3
    • Will list how many people were online at that login.
    • Show how many logins/hour there is.
    • [Admin] Banning of servers IP addresses from list.
    • [Admin] Auto banning of servers spoofing logins.

© 2011 jwnordquist & v10lator

2. Offline

bobbysmithyy

Follow submission guidelines if you wish for this to be put in the official plugin releases page. Did you make that website yourself?

3. Offline

jwnordquist

Website design was done by me and hoyohoyo9, the plugin, and main PHP scripts were developed by v10lator

4. Offline

Windwaker

Cool :)

You misspelled "whole" though and it's highly recommended that you create a page on dev.bukkit.org for this plugin because eventually plugins.bukkit.org will only show plugins on dev.bukkit.org ;)

5. Offline

jwnordquist

Its already on bukkitdev, when you click "download" it will link you there

6. Offline

Windwaker

Whoops! My mistake :3

7. Offline

bobbysmithyy

I'm gonna add my server too this tommarow, I hope this plugin goes somewhere.

8. Offline

jwnordquist

Im saddened by the fact that this did not get into the bukkit plugin list...

9. Offline

user_43347

Well, the main post's formatting is close to the standard but no cigar.
    Fix that and have a second go at it :p
    EDIT: The website needs a facelift if you want people using it.

10. Offline

tritonx

Good idea, trying it right now. Not sure if that rating is always fair though. You should include more info about the server, like the total player , maybe other stats and you could calculate, like averages, etc....

Could get cheated easily, what will you do when there is thousands of server registered ?

11. Offline

jwnordquist

well, currently this is still in beta, there is still a few more things to be added, all do that after i get 20-50 servers on the list.

there is protection witch i will not disclose on how it lists, and protects servers from spoofing logins.

And yea, the website is just something me and hoyo threw together. looking for someone that is good at graphic design to help me out on that part.

on the part about 1000's of servers using this, i honestly don't know how it will work out. I'm hosting off of hosting24 with unlimited bandwidth and disk space, so that shouldn't be a problem, however the list may get alitle hectic which more people on...

anyways. the plugin is still under constant dev and should be fully done in less than a month, just looking for some more publicity to make sure that the main listing code is working properly.

Just updated this, with any bugs listed and new stuff that will be added in beta 3

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016