Filled Weapons do no damage

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by AlwaysAllstar, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AlwaysAllstar

Plugin category: Modification

Minecraft version: 1.14

Suggested name: WeaponNoDamage

What I want: So I use CrackShot for my server for guns. The problem is, I have most of my guns set as tools. For example, every sword, pickaxe, axe, shovel, and hoe is a gun. This causes a problem because when a player hits someone with the gun, it does a lot of damage. So I just need a plugin so it makes all swords, pickaxes, axes, shovels, and hoes do just half a heart, as if the player just punched them with their fist rather than with a diamond sword.

If possible, which I'm not sure if it is, could you also remove the lore on the tools that say the attack speed and damage. This is what I'm talking about:
    [​IMG]
    Totally fine if not, it would just look better for my needs.

This has nothing to do with the plugin, only people who may know CrackShot better than me... If anyone happens to know how you could possible do this in CrackShot let me know, I didn't see anyway I could though. Also, I don't think you can, but are you able to have a CustomModelData NBT tag for different crackShot guns? This way I can have all of my guns only take up one vanilla minecraft item rather than having to find a new item for each individual gun. EDIT: Also, if you can use NBT Tags such as the CustomModelData, I should also be able to set a damage tag to 0 I believe.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed.

Ideas for permissions: No permissions needed.

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible. :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  2. Offline

Sonkin

Hey, I dotted together a quick example for this!

Tools and swords do half a heart of damage.

It is possible to remove those stats in the tooltip, the only question is when they should be removed. Ideally they should be removed when crackshot gives the player the weapon, but I can't find an event for this. We could hook into crackshot and try to make a custom command for getting weapons without those stat attributes, but that seems like complicated solution for a non-issue.

Alternatively we can remove the stats tooltip on other events, such as on item pickup, or item selection etc. But that means that there are instances where those stats are shown, such as when the item is first given to the player. The example I have provided removes the stat tooltip when the player selects the item in the taskbar. Idunno, it might honestly be best to just leave that part out.

Sorry if that is a bit long-winded. I hope this fits what you are trying to achieve.

Here is the jar: https://github.com/SondreKindem/Wea...download/v1.0/WeaponNoDamage-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
    And the source is in the repo: https://github.com/SondreKindem/WeaponNoDamage

Lemme know if it works.

3. Offline

AlwaysAllstar

The no damage part works and the way you remove the stats on the tooltip is probably the best way you could've done it for my needs, so it works pretty perfectly. Thank you so much. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.