Weapon Attack Modifier

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by NaviLlicious, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NaviLlicious

There might already be a plugin out there for this but I can't find It for the life of me, what I am looking for Is a plugin that changes the damage a diamond sword has, 7 attack damage, to a higher number based off the enchantments the weapon has, so If It has the sharpness enchantment the attack goes up to say 9 attack damage etc, I know you can just say the damage In the lore but that doesn't look as good In my opinion, especially when you already have about 4 rows of lore written per weapon

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@NaviLlicious If you are talking about the blue attribute text, if we change that, the damage goes up, which will then be boosted even more by the enchantments. That number is static and refers to an attributemodifier, it's not just an aesthetic lore.

3. Offline

NaviLlicious

I mean the enchantment level itself would increase the number, so sharpness 3 would increase the number from 7 to 9 for example

4. Offline

pie_flavor

@NaviLlicious I know that. Try to understand:
    That number represents the amount of damage that the sword does. It's not just an aesthetic thing, it is automatically produced from the AttributeModifier on the item for generic.attackDamage. This poses a problem. Enchantments are applied after the modifier, and the enchantment uses the modifier in its calculation. If a sword has sharpness 2, for instance, there is no way to accurately say how much damage the sword does on that line, because the only way to set the value is to change the modifier. I change the modifier, the blue text changes, but the sword does more damage because the enchantment acts on the new modifier. You see the problem here?

5. Offline

NaviLlicious

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.