We need our accurate and updated statistics!

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by NerdsWBNerds, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NerdsWBNerds

I understand you guys don't want us using things like mediafire for safety and what not, but if you are going to do this, please for the love of god give us the one feature that this rules takes from us, please let us see how many people have downloaded our plugin as it happens. I have had multiple people download my plugins today, and yet, my downloads number is the exact same! Please! Let us know how many people are downloading our plugins!!!

2. Offline

Gravity

It updates every... 12 hours or something? Is it really that big of a deal? I don't see the need to sit and refresh the page and watch the counter go up, that's a little weird. If you want that kind of insight you should look into using Metrics.

3. Offline

NerdsWBNerds

Now that I got some sleep and am in a better mood, it isn't that big a deal, it would just kinda be nice to have the stats update in real time or every our or something like that.

4. Offline

Jacek

I'm sure they used to be live ? I'm not that bothered about my download count anyway, I don't see what would cause it to only be updated every hour though, when a file is downloaded a counter must increment somewhere in the database so is that same counter not used for the display :?

5. Offline

NuclearW

Jacek
    Probably the powers of cacheing fighting the everlasting battle against fully dynamic content.

Jacek likes this.
  6. Offline

Jacek

That would make sense.

It really does not matter too much, I would prefer the servers to be happy then to have fully dynamic download counters :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.