We are looking for more BukkitDev volunteers!

Discussion in 'Community News and Announcements' started by EvilSeph, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Bukkit takes great pride in providing the community with plugins that are free from malicious code through our plugin hosting site, BukkitDev. This commitment to the community means we need to have many talented and dedicated individuals available to help us with file and project approvals around the clock and around the world.

Due to amount of hard work, time, and dedication it takes to provide this service to the community, we are looking for more talented, trustworthy individuals to help us keep approval times low. Developers want to see their plugins approved regularly and within a reasonable amount of time, while server admins want to be able to download the latest version of the plugins they use as quickly as possible.

Applicants must:
    • Have Java experience
    • Have submitted at least one plugin to BukkitDev that is not a basic generic plugin
    • Be a good community member
    • Be able to connect to and be readily available on IRC (Esper)
    If you think you would be a good fit in our BukkitDev Approval Team and would like to help us keep the queue moving at a reasonable pace, we invite you to submit an application to join our team of dedicated individuals who tirelessly go through hundreds of projects and files each week. Please apply at bukkitdev -dash- applications -at- bukkit -dot- org with the details below:

The subject of your email should be:
    Code:
    BukkitDev Application: [Username]

The body of your email should be:
    Code:
    Name:
    Bukkit Forums Username:
    BukkitDev Username:
    IRC Username:
    Why do you feel you would make a good BukkitDev Staff member?
    When are you available to dedicate time to BukkitDev?
    Have you used BukkitDev before to host your projects? If so, provide links!

(Hint: Ctrl+Shift+V pastes without formatting...)

As we're fully aware of how much delays within the Approval Queue affect plugin developers and server admins alike, we've decided to promote someone intimately familiar with the approval process to the role of BukkitDev Team Lead. Effective immediately, Gravity's sole responsibility is to ensure your experience with BukkitDev is a fantastic one. As part of his new role, he'll be actively handling BukkitDev Approval Team applications and managing the BukkitDev Approval Team.

Please join me in congratulating Gravity on his new role and responsibilities!

2. Offline

theguynextdoor

Congratulations h31ix
    /me claps

number1_Master and Deleted user like this.
  3. Awesome! I wonder if you could actually get the waiting titmes to "any minute now" :p Rather then 5 days as mine currently is upto

4. Offline

JOPHESTUS

Applying now... I've got a lot of spare time over these holidays

5. Offline

Lolmewn

Oh cool, automated response system!

iPadHD and -_Husky_- like this.
  6. Offline

feildmaster

7. Offline

s32ialx

Congratulations @h31ix great job and nice timing for a new RB good job bukkit team!

8. Offline

HappyPikachu

All hail h31ix, our new BukkitDev overlord! Best of luck!

danjb2000 likes this.
  9. Offline

ThaSourceGaming

Good to see a change happening :)

10. @h31ix Keep up the good work! :)

11. Offline

Gravity

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it. If you guys have any questions/concerns/suggestions, feel free to let me know!

dentych, Hoolean, Jamboozlez and 3 others like this.
  12. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

I want a pony.

Also, congratulations.

But really: pony. Now.

13. Offline

HyrulesLegend

Sent mine in. :)

14. Offline

ThunderWaffeMC

Very interesting! I have applied and I'm looking forward to working with the community in this way!

15. Offline

LaxWasHere

Do we get free cookies? If so, count me in.

16. Ok I am getting you a pony from www.getmbaxterapony.org its $300.00 Merry Christmas!

17. Offline

TnT

LaxWasHere
    If you are good, I give !cookies. More often than not, I give !whips.

All part of the fun! :D

18. Offline

lol768

*registers domain and makes millions selling ponies

19. Offline

tomtiger11

Is there any minimum age limit?

20. Offline

TnT

If you have to ask, probably.

We accept all mature individuals.

I will note, if you apply, you must be able to use IRC. We need to be able to communicate with our team, and IRC is the best way we have found so far.

21. Offline

Jadedwolf

Congratulations @h31ix <3
    Long live and prosper.

22. Offline

Gravity

Hi everyone!

First of all, thanks for everyone's willingness to help out. We've seen an overwhelmingly helpful response to this call. Unfortunately, we've noticed that a distressingly low number of applicants so far seem to be on IRC. I cannot make this clear enough: IRC is the staff's primary and most important form of communication.

All staff MUST be on IRC whenever possible so that we can reach you if necessary, and the time to make this commitment is now, not later when we have to personally badger you to join the server. If we have questions for you or need to talk, it will be done through IRC. Please make yourself available there if you're interested in applying.

23. Yes there is I believe it's 12 I saw that on a forum about a week ago I could be wrong

24. Offline

Gravity

No, there is no set age limit, but if you think you're too young and have to inquire about it, you're most likely too young.

25. ok thank you for clearing that up :)

26. Offline

MarkCashion

Does your IRC account username have to be the same as your BukkitDev Username?

27. Offline

Gravity

If it's not, and you think we might not be able to find you, responding to your application with your IRC-specific username would be good.

28. Offline

MarkCashion

Ok thank you so much! I hope I get to be apart of the wonderful staff here at Bukkit, & congratulations h31ix!

29. Offline

Deleted user

I have a concern.
    You're sexy. Too sexy.
    But on a more serious note, I sent my application in :D.

30. Offline

MarkCashion

Now I made a IRC for the first time. Now I know why Bukkit Staff uses IRC to talk to each other

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.