Was there ever a Craftbukkit 1.8 devlopment build?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Tomcat115, Nov 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Tomcat115

I am wondering if the creators of bukkit ever created a development build for 1.8 before the whole DMCA thing, because I think I actually downloaded a 1.8 dev build from this website when it was still available. I remember trying to use it for my server, but it didn't work all that well, so its been sitting in the repositories of my desktop for over a year now. I recently found it after cleaning out stuff from computer.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

Tomcat115

@timtower I don't know. I remember downloading it through the official bukkit download website. This was not third party build. I got it before the DMCA takedown. I actually have the file to prove it

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Tomcat115 Sharing that file would be against the law.

5. Offline

Tomcat115

@timtower I do not intend to share the file. Didn't really work well anyways.

6. Offline

Mrs. bwfctower

@Tomcat115 You probably had the Bukkit build made by Spigot, and downloaded it from their site.

7. Offline

Tomcat115

@Mrs. bwfctower I don't remember visiting their website when I downloaded it, but to be honest it didn't really work well for me, so its just been sitting in my computer for a while. I've just been using the last official build from you guys for a while now. Probably should upgrade to Spigot or something.

8. Offline

mcdorli

This thread was made at August 21 2014
    https://bukkit.org/threads/bukkit-its-time-to-say.305106/
    EvilSeph said, that there won't be new bukkit updates
    Minecraft 1.8 came out in 2 September, 2014, it is impossible, that bukkit had an official 1.8 patch.

9. Offline

Necrodoom_V2

10. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Former Bukkit developer here! I can confirm that we never released (or even started on) a 1.8 build.

11. Officially? No.
    UN-Officially? Yes.

12. Offline

teej107

Still no

13. Offline

Mrs. bwfctower

Well I guess he was referencing Spigot's unofficial build.

teej107 likes this.
  14. Offline

teej107

Ah yeah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.