[WANTED] Developer

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by NoLiver92, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

NoLiver92

I am looking for a developer who can update one of my plugins for me (MySQLAPI). I have not got enough time to update it myself due to work and i NEED to get an update out.

The thing that needs updating is one of my functions as i ran in to errors when testing it (full explanation to anyone who wants to help me).

The developer MUST know SQL statements (and obviously bukkit/java) in order to help.

If you are interested pm me or reply to this post.

Thanks
    NoLiver92

2. Offline

dillyg10

Hmm, well i hate to be "that guy" but TBPH I would recommend to tell your users to use PatPeter's SQL lib, it's absolutely brilliant (been using it for about a year now).

3. Offline

NoLiver92

i see that but this plugin is diffrent. for that plugin you need to know sql statements but for my plugin all you need to know is the column names and the values you want to put in them and my plugin does the rest so users do not have to know the statements.

I done my research and theres nothing like this atm as all others require knowledge of sql statements (of all that i could find)

4. Offline

dillyg10

Well.. I mean is this necessarily a good thing? Knowing MySQL is an incredibly valuable skill, and because MySQL is so versatile, i really don't think any one thing can cover what it can do, besides learning the language itself.

It's kind of like, well Alice, if you are unfamiliar with what it is, basically it is java coded with buttons. True, you don't need java knowledge to use it... but you honestly don't learn anything from using it.

5. Offline

NoLiver92

dillyg10
    This is matter of opinion, i have had quite a few people who are using my plugin as they are wanting to code quickly and dont have time to learn it so my plugin offers the intermediate step. im currently (around my job) re designing the api to make it better and adding new features in which have been requested but i havent got a lot of time to do it at the moment (hence my original post).

Some people like the idea and want to use my plugin. it is aimed at the beginners who want to use it but dont know sql statements. learning a language can be very difficult for someone who doesnt have access to a database to try it out.

and do you like going around trying to stop people making plugins because this is also helping me learn better ways to code and produces more challenges for me. so saying you dont learn anything... well im learning still (you never stop learning theres always something new)

6. I know SQL statements, pm the error and i'll see if i can help. :)

7. Offline

NoLiver92

there is no error, i am after a developer to assist me in writing/modifing my plugin: MySQLAPI

would you be intrested?

8. I've taken on a minigame project atm so i can't sorry, :( but good luck! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.