Votifier Help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Stud-Craft, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Stud-Craft

I have set up every other plugin and the other plugins are working fine but I have tried everything for Votifier and it is still not working. I was wandering if anyone could help me over skype or something because anything I do to try to fix it is not working.
    Thanks,
    Stud-Craft

2. Offline

LHammonds

Skype? No thanks. Post the server log with the error.

3. Offline

Stud-Craft

I am hosting my server through another company and they said for port start at 8192 and go up by 3
    Votifier config http://pastebin.com/e9zp6nxV

4. Offline

JaguarJo

5. Offline

Stud-Craft

6. Offline

JaguarJo

Code:
    [14:52:54] [Server thread/ERROR]: [Votifier] Error initializing vote receiver. Please verify that the configured
    [14:52:54] [Server thread/ERROR]: [Votifier] IP address and port are not already in use. This is a common problem
    [14:52:54] [Server thread/ERROR]: [Votifier] with hosting services and, if so, you should check with your hosting provider.
    Looks like a problem with the address you're using.

Your server host said to start with port 8192, in your linked config you're using port 8219. Is that a typo here on the forums or did you mix your numbers up by accident? Because that could be why Votifier can't find the address.

7. Offline

Stud-Craft

Yeah that is from me coming up by 3s alot

JaguarJo

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
  8. Offline

JaguarJo

Stud-Craft Ah, okay. So you already went through 9 other ports before you got to that one? Wow. You could be guessing ports all day at that rate. Too bad your host couldn't narrow it down better. Would it be possible for you to request that they open a specific port for you, or do they not do that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.