[Videos] Speed Coding

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by iKeirNez, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recently I have been recording some Speed Coding videos, the first 2 are an Economy feature and the 3rd one is an AFK feature.

Enjoy and please leave a like if you liked it, it really helps!

Tirelessly likes this.
  2. Offline

KeybordPiano459

EDIT: Nevermind didn't read it xD

3. Haha, in the video I was actually coding the Vault class and then ill send a pull request to add it to Vault

4. Offline

KeybordPiano459

Oh nice I haven't had a chance to watch it yet :p

You just blew my mind...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  5. Thanks! I hope to possibly do another one today where I actually finish the feature, I just realized though that I didn't need most of those SQL queries, I meant to actually edit the HashMap but I'll fix that today.

Heres Part 2

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

theguynextdoor

Just started watching and saw you do:

Code:
    public static boolean isEnabled(){
        if (CommandsEx.loadedClasses.contains("Init_Economy") {
            return true;
        }
        else {
            return false;
        }
    }
    When you could shorten it to

Code:
    public static boolean isEnabled() {
        return CommandsEx.loadedClasses.contains("Init_Economy");
    }
    Will continue watching, i like video's like this. Not often i get to see other people code

7. Haha, thanks! Hadn't thought of that. I'll try to post some more if you like them :D

Added the second video to the main post

8. Here is my 3rd speed coding video, this time I add an AFK feature

9. Offline

theguynextdoor

Keep these up, they're nice and short and just the right speed. Out of curiosity, you ever ran some kind of metrics on the plugin, you know, see how many lines of code etc? I would imagine it would be a fair bit.

Anyways, keep up the work. Looks like you really are active on this plugin. Might do some of these speed codes myself some when, when i get some time ... and some features to add.

10. Thanks and no I haven't, I might do that soon! Let me know when you do upload a Speed Code! I would be interested to see it!

Maybe we should start a thread for people to show their speed code?

11. Offline

theguynextdoor

A thread in the resources section would probably be where i would make a thread if anywhere. Once i think of a feature and make a video i shall post it in this community speed code thread if you make one, if not i may make one

12. Ok, I'll probably make one in the next hour or so!

13. Offline

theguynextdoor

I tried to make a speed code video. I made a small change and spent 30 mins working on it (i.e fixing what it broke) before i decided to stop recording. It is now a length of 10 mins played at 300% (Good speed imo, allows to read what is happening, but also keep with the type of video (i.e speed code))

Will probably upload later, depends if i feel like looking like a moron or not.

14. Haha, I would upload it. I usually speed mine up to about 700-800%. The 2nd a 3rd videos I speed up to about 1500%

theguynextdoor Here is the speed coding thread http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/speed-coding-videos.106243/

15. Offline

theguynextdoor

Uploading, this may take a while

16. Haha ok! What did you use to record and edit?

17. Offline

theguynextdoor

Camtasia Studio 7, what do you use?

18. Camtasia Studio 8 lol, its currently on a trial

19. Offline

theguynextdoor

I really wish it didn't cost so much. I mean come on, not many people are going to have £220 to just use on recording software (this is the part where about 20 people prove me wrong).

I might buy fraps some when, but i dont know if it is worth it.

20. Yeah its annoying. Fraps is only for recording games, it can record the desktop but its not as good at that

21. Offline

theguynextdoor

Shame, cos it's actually a decent price really. Oh well, my video is nearly uploaded

22. Yes but it does an excellent job of recording games, its meant for recording games. So that you can record them without as much lag. If you try to record Minecraft with Camtasia it will be laggy

23. Offline

sayaad

I'm noticing the speed at which your cursor blinks. Sped up :p

Anyway, I HEREBY CHALLENGE YOU TO A SPEED CODING COMPETITION.
    (jk I don't go to competitions)

24. Lol, I'll hopefully be doing a livestream tomorrow, and I'll record it at the same time and speed it up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.