Question Vault and MySQL

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Markyroson, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Markyroson

Anyone know how to hook Vault's economy system into a MySQL database for storage of player's currency amount etc there and manipulation by an online control panel (accessible to only server admin(s)/owner(s) )?

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

3. Offline

Markyroson

So, upon me putting it on the server and configuring it it would take the info from vault and put it in the MySQL DB?

4. Offline

oceantheskatr

Yes. I set it up with a few different servers in a network and cross-server economy was acheived. It took the economy from the first server I had set it up on and spread it across the others. From then on if I got money on one, it would save to the database and would be the same across the others. You can then go in to your server's MySQL data base and modify values from there as necessary.

5. Offline

Markyroson

The entire bank account setup is confusing though, like the simplicity of vault but want it MySQL lol

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

Once you set it up you don't have to do anything else I believe. It will just hook in to sending and receiving payments and modify it on the database accordingly. Otherwise you can Google "SQL economy plugin bukkit" or something and check out alternatives.

Markyroson likes this.
  7. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Markyroson If you just want to write data to the mysql and not read from it then you could get a plugin that hooks into vault and writes it to the database.
    But getting a mysql compatible economy plugin is a better method.

Markyroson likes this.
  8. Offline

Markyroson

What confuses me is the fact that it has a bank system etc and there does not appear to be a 'normal' way to give money like with vault/essentials /eco give <player> <amount> command as well as the fact that there are literally no English tutorials for it that I can find to help out really. If you have found an English tutorial to CraftConomy please let me know! ;)

I totally agree and I found out the hard way on that. However, the plugin I did try along those lines says that it might include being able to modify data in the database and have it reflected in game in the next update.

9. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Markyroson likes this.
  10. Offline

Markyroson

yes, they did. Kinda miss-represented it too in the main post except for the comments when someone brought it up (is like half way down or right here and their response here. It isn't 100% what I was talking about (the former of the two posts) but the response (latter one) is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.