Using Server Mods

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Audio, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Audio

Is it possible for me to use mods like http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=86929&sid=7d12ca81f5369f95d63b30d4d7e6401d
    if I could possibly get everyone to have the exact same mod installed in their computer?
    If so, please tell me how since the people in my server really want to have some of these mods implemented into the server.
    Please note that I know it's impossible if only one person had the mod, but I wondered if it was possible if everybody had the same file.

2. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

It would be possible if you mandate every player who visits your server to download client-sided files, otherwise they can't see the object entities even if you modded the server-sided files.

The real question becomes whether the author implemented a SMP support for the mod, which doesn't seem to be the case in this one.

3. Offline

Audio

Well everybody who is playing in the server will install the mod.
    The question now is whether it is possible to implement the mod into the craftbukkit.jar file
    --- merged: Jan 20, 2011 9:47 PM ---
    As in like, that mod is just an example, other mods possibly might be able to work in multiplayer if you get what i mean

4. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I don't think this mod supports SMP. I just scanned the entire post in the original thread and the author doesn't mention SMP support on there.

5. Offline

Audio

the mods aren't suppose to support SMP because no-one has yet implemented adding items to the server yet.

6. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I didn't know about the mod until I read this thread today so I have no clue either :p

7. Offline

Audio

can anyone else possibly help me =]

8. Offline

Selbram

This is not possible with the current plans for bukkit. We do not currently have any plans to get into client modding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.