Using custom .class files with bucket's .jar file

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by 8_year_old, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

8_year_old

I think I'm doing this the totally wrong way. I went onto the minecraft modders forum and asked if there was a way to tweak armor's damage mitigation.

The user
    created a custom jp.class file for me to use in order to make the adjustment that I was trying to do above. I downloaded it, and shortly afterwards realized that I had no idea what to do with it.

explained that I need to place it into my minecraft_server.jar file, which I promptly attempted to do. Upon looking inside my server folder, I couldn't see a minecraft_server.jar file. Instead I have the minecraft_server.exe file. BUT...I do have craftbukkit-1.0.1-R2-SNASHOT.jar. I opened it up, but I couldn't see any jp.class file within it....and so I got stumped about where to place this .class file.

Now, I'm thinking I may need to backtrack and go back into finding out if I can change my server from .exe to .jar and still make a difference, WHILE keeping all of the changes I've made with craftbukkit.

Does craftbukkit require you to use the minecraft_server.exe rather than minecraft_server.jar? Am I going in the right direction by trying to make this change? Does craftbukkit-1.0.1-R2-SNAPSHOT.jar replace minecraft_server.jar in terms of funcationality? Or does the bukkit.jar refer back to minecraftserver.jar in certain places? Why doesn't it contain all of the same .class files that minecraft_server.jar does?

I'm thinking that my next plan of action is this:
    I'm thinking that my next plan of action is this:
    1) Download minecraft_server.jar
    2) Place the custom jp.class file inside minecraft_server.jar
    2.1) I put on a full set of diamond armor and had someone hit me with a diamond sword. Noted half-heart of damage.
    3) Stop the server
    4) Swap out minecraft_server.exe with the customized minecraft_server.jar
    5) Start the server with my run.bat file that points towards craftbukkit-1.0.1-R2-SNAPSHOT.jar.
    6) Cross my fingers....server started!
    7) I had that same person hit me again...noted half a heart of damage.

***EDIT***
    I performed the above plan of action and saw no change in the amount of damage reduction that armor provides. I'm now under the assumption that craftbukkit-1.0.1-R2-SNAPSHOT.jar operates completely independently, so if I need to replace any .class files, I need to replace them within craftbukkit-1.0.1-R2-SNAPSHOT.jar and NOT minecraft_server.jar :/

In order to test this assumption, I will try restarting the server with no minecraft_server.jar or minecraft_server.exe files inside the server's folder. Instead, relying soley on craftbukkit-1.0.1-R2-SNAPSHOT.jar

If the server runs smoothly, then I guess that confirms my assumption, and I begin work on the next question: What .class file do I change in craftbukkit-1.0.1-R2-SNAPSHOT.jar in order to tweak armor's damage mitigation?

2. Offline

dadaemon

As far as I know craftbukkit doesn't use the original minecraft_server.jar file. Craftbukkit is a replacement for the minecraft_server.jar file. There is a lot of stuff from the original in it but a lot has been changed. If you want this functionality you speak of you need to make a bukkit plugin that does this for you.

Maybe ask in the plugin request forum. Don't think this is that hard to make.

3. Offline

pyraetos

Do what @dadaemon said, but also note that CraftBukkit does use NMS classes, but they aren't obfuscated so you can't see results from that class.

4. Offline

8_year_old

Awesome thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.