Using an external lib with bukkit.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Sabersamus, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sabersamus

Hello, Lets say I wanted to use something like Joda, like this

How would i be able to add the joda-time.jar to my class path, and then be able to use it with bukkit?

Compiling it as a jar file doesn't include the required files from Joda, and i can't add joda-time.jar to
    the plugins folder, cause it doesn't have a plugin.yml

2. Offline

devilquak

Download the source files from Github and plop them inside your src folder. Make sure all the class references are named correctly and have fun.

3. Offline

Sabersamus

D: theres over 300 files.... and idk which ones i will need -_-

4. Offline

Jnorr44

Or.... just download them as a .jar, and add them to your libraries (project>properties>Java Build Path>libraries)

5. Offline

Sabersamus

Yes but that won't work, because when i export it the files that i used dont exist in bukkits library, so i would need to have access to the somehow

6. Offline

Icyene

Put Joda.jar inside YOUR jar, and extract it to your plugins folder at runtime. Profit.

7. Offline

Sabersamus

How?

8. Offline

Courier

Put it inside a folder called "lib" inside your plugins folder. Add "./lib" to the jar's manifest classpath. I don't know exactly how to do this with Eclipse, but if you want help with ant you can pm me.
    Extracting it to your plugins folder would be problematic, because CB tries to load each .jar inside the plugins folder, but not recursively, so plugins/lib/Joda.jar should be fine.

If you want to make distribution simpler, you could put Joda.jar inside your jar, and extract it to "./lib/Joda.jar" at runtime if it is not already there. (using file IO in Java... look it up)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.