Users finding chunk borders in-game? [16x16]

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by stargateanubis14, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My users are having problems finding chunks in-game (the 16x16 areas).
    Personally, i like to use the WorldEdit client side mod, and simply do //chunk, and see the borders... but for people, especially non-admins/ops, its hard for them to easily find chunk boundries.

Is there any way for normal in-game users to see chunks w/o client mods? (i thought about possibly having a plugin that puts something like glass on the 4 corners, but that would probably cause problems with the over-writing of other blocks...)

Any ideas?

2. Normally there's a small amount of lag between chunks. You can see it with light and/or redstone. ;)

3. So i'm expected to tell all the users to look for lag btwn 2 chunks by placing redstone? I'm looking for something convenient and easy to use, so the ignorant 12 yr olds know what they're doing

4. You could also tell them to press F3 and calculate it from the coordinates, but that's something a 12 years old will most like likely not understand, too. :/

Pezmantbh and NeonJ like this.
  5. Offline

RROD

This looks like it ought to be made into a plugin with a command.

Pezmantbh likes this.
  6. Offline

Firelight7300

Tell them to open up the debug screen and check if the X and/or Z coordinate is a multiple of 16. Instant chunk border. If X AND Z is a multiple of 16, you have yourself a chunk corner.

Pezmantbh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.