Username has paid checker

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Vamure, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Vamure

Plugin category: Tools

Suggested name: UsernameChecker

What I want: Sends a request to http://www.minecraft.net/haspaid.jsp?user=[WhatThePlayerTypes] and tells the player if the username is valid or not.

Ideas for commands: /paid [args] - returns that the args has paid or not(invalid). Also ignores spaces, if possible.

Ideas for permissions: uc.paid - for /paid

When I'd like it by: Within the hour?

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Vamure and why not just check the link manually?
    Why do you need this though, online mode checks this stuff anyways.

3. Offline

teej107

@Vamure And offline mode is not supported here anyway. Put your server in online mode and it will negate the need for this plugin.

4. Offline

Vamure

No.. My server is in online mode. This is solely to check if usernames are available in game. This isn't a plugin that denies anything, it simply returns true or false

5. Online

@Vamure Haspaid has nothing to do with username availability.

6. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@timtower
    It does.
    haspaid simply checks whether a username with that has bought minecraft aka. whether this username is available.

7. Online

@mrCookieSlime In that case: doesn't make any sense to me to have a feature like this on a server.

8. Offline

mrCookieSlime

@timtower
    I can understand why he would want it since name changing is now available.
    But I wouldn't go that far and say that it's a feature I would like to see or use...

timtower likes this.
  9. Offline

1Rogue

hasPaid is deprecated and does not work properly for all accounts.

10. Offline

mrCookieSlime

11. Offline

1Rogue

I mean other than myself: https://twitter.com/MojangSupport/status/562923869032710144

The hasPaid link does not take into account new accounts that are made through mojang.com and is not guarunteed to retrieve a correct result (you'll only get correct results with accounts that have been migrated from the old minecraft.net auth system).

Additionally with the introduction of name changing, users can no longer have a username without paying first, so in that regard all usernames are paid usernames. The only useful context that this plugin could have would be an offline mode server, which is against the rules here.

Edit: Only use for hasPaid would be offline, a name checker is different and you'd use mojang's api for that, for instance my profile: https://api.mojang.com/users/profiles/minecraft/Rogue

(which has an optional "at" GET parameter if you want to check for a username as a specific time)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    mrCookieSlime likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.