UserDiscourage - Making annoying users ragequit when a ban would be unfair!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by VirtualPixels, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Offline

VirtualPixels

Plugin category: ADMINISTRATION

Suggested name: UserDiscourage

What I want: When you have idiots who are just bad members of your community, and you seriously want them to leave - a ban might not be all fair. But if you seriously want them gone, here's an idea.

Take a look at an xenForo documentation page here.

So it's better than them moaning on your site/email - because they don't know it's real.

The plugin would allow the person to play but give them random connection errors and make them have a ton of latency, depending on the scale out of 1-10 of how much it should impact. You should also, as mentioned at xF, be able to discourage IPs.

Another idea so that nobody can pick up the plugin name and 'suss you out', is to maybe have a configuration setting which you can set a plugin name in the /plugins and server-query output to disguise it.

Ideas for commands: /ud [username/IP] [scale] {lengthofdiscourage}
    To undo a discourage, or change the scale, simply /ud modify [username] [scale] (and if disabling a discourage, set to 0?)

Ideas for permissions: discourage.Bypass (EG: A moderator on your server has a brother you're discouraging, and they live in the same household. Give this to the person you don't want to be discouraged)
    discourage.Dc (able to define a discourage and put into effect)

Thanks!

JazzaG likes this.
  2. Offline

gomeow

I might be able to make this when I get home from vacation, in about a week. What it might do is basically spawn 1000-10000 invisible chickens near them (would only affect that person)

It might even crash their game.

MrBluebear3 likes this.
  3. Offline

the_merciless

I just mute the person, they soon get bored and leave, and if they dont at least you dont have to see their chat. With a plugin like this i just imagine you are giving them more ammo for complaining and slagging off the server to all players online.

4. Offline

LaxWasHere

I just firewall their IP.

5. Offline

creepycrafter4

i like the chicken idea, it would be great to have. [diamond]

6. Offline

JazzaG

Cool idea, but has some bad side effects. What if they give your server a bad review because it is laggy?

7. Offline

joshwenke

Invisible chickens would be very awesome. I mean, regular chickens are awesome already but INVISIBLE chickens? Sounds like a good plugin coming up!

The majority of people aren't actually server reviewers (never trust them if the first thing they say is "Hi I'm from PMC and I'm a server reviewer!), and if they are their website is probably so small that nobody will care.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  8. Offline

Hoolean

Yeah either that or set up a sync repeating task sending them at least 25 ghast screams per 20th of a second, whilst sending packets making their screen go upside-down (speed potion with a negative amplifier), a confusion effect and then finally sending a packet to make a fake chicken constantly above their head.

That would be rather anoying. xD

gomeow likes this.
  9. Offline

gomeow

Ooh, sounds interesting
    *Tries to use vnc with iPad to make plugin, but computer is off! Ugh, time to get up*
    I will make this when I get a chance

MrBluebear3 likes this.
  10. Offline

VirtualPixels

Hey, apologies for the bump but I'd still like to see this!