User statistics inside CraftBukkit ?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Adriani6, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Adriani6

Just wondering why not create statistic logger inside Craftbukkit which saves them in one place then have a website on which players, users, us could view their playtime, number of blocks placed etc. I know there's something inside minecraft itself already but doesn't work that well for someone like me who re installs the damn OS every 4 weeks lol.

2. Offline

Loogeh

Adriani6 There isn't anything within just CraftBukkit which does it but there are plugins for it and as for getting the stats on a website as well as in game you would want to store them in some sort of database. MySQL databases are likely the most common and will be easiest to set up due to many tutorials on the internet.

obscurehero likes this.
  3. Offline

TnT

The real challenge is having a central location that can capture and log all that data, then display it to people who wish to use it. Even the metrics that are added to plugins would likely pale in comparison to the data collected from all servers running CraftBukkit.

4. Offline

obscurehero

Adriani6 - I like lolmewn's stats. I'm sure there are others. It's easy enough to create your own php site that pulls data from your database. Otherwise you can use in-game commands to view your stats as well.

5. Offline

Adriani6

I know there are stats plugins duh. They display data about one server which has the plugin. My idea was to make it so that no matter where you play it still gets logged. So basically as tnt said, built it into minecraft and store it in central database..

6. Offline

obscurehero

Adriani6 - You can host the information on a central server. I think it would be astronomical to store player stats across all multiplayer servers. Someone has to pay for those servers, hosting costs, etc. That's to say nothing of the network load or the resource utilization for the servers.

I think we can chalk it up as a neat idea, but like TnT said, basically impossible.

7. Offline

TnT

obscurehero
    I wouldn't say impossible, just a really large undertaking.

Adriani6 likes this.
  8. Offline

sfxworks

Can I do it?
    Can I?
    Huh?
    Can I?
    Please?
    Please?
    Can I?
    Huh?

9. Offline

MysteryManX

10. Offline

sfxworks

MysteryManX likes this.
  11. Offline

Adriani6

12. Offline

MysteryManX

I know, but I thought I might post it anyway, just in case. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.