[URGENT] Need Help! Server screwed up!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Sparta, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sparta

So recently for a WHOLE year me and my friend have been playing on our server, with only two plugins with bukkit: PermissionsEx and Modifyworld.

I used those two plugins for the whole time because we couldn't play legit unless we were OPs (to break blocks, etc)

So after 4 months of not playing, we decided to play again. I updated bukkit to 1.4.5 dev build, and we got on, and updated PermissionsEx.

We couldn't break blocks or anything, so I removed PEX and it worked. We didn't play after that, but then today we decided to play again.

Before I go into detail what happened, this is what I've did before:

I made a plugin that gives you OP, and allows you to ban/kick players.

I was using it on the server just to test some stuff quick, and then removed it after. I had errors at first because I needed to update my jre from jre6 to jre7. I had to change the .bat as well to jre7 because it was previously jre6.

So we got on today, and I started it up. (Note the plugin was removed). I still had my bat the same.

We joined the server, and on both of our screens it showed us not moving. My friend couldn't break blocks, open doors or chests, but I could break blocks and see him run around, but he just saw me standing there. He hit me and killed me, and I lost all of my enchanted stuff that took me FOREVER to get, and the items dissapeared as well.

I then stopped the server to find a way to fix the solution, and went back to the bat as well and changed the bat back to jre6, but that didn't fix it.

My friend decided to try it instead on his side, but they had the opposite effects, I couldn't see him move and he could see me move but I couldn't break blocks, etc.

I didn't install jre6 again, but I'm not sure if that will fix it.

Can someone PLEASE help!

This world is REALLLLY important to me and I've tried EVERYTHING especially deleting the players folder and rejoining. (I have a back-up of the original one when we first found the problem)

Thanks if you can help, I really need this fixed!

2. Offline

xDeeKay

First of all, are you getting any console errors?
    Secondly this sounds like a client side issue considering you said your screens were frozen.

Also, how do you know you couldn't break blocks or open doors if your screen was frozen?

3. Offline

Sparta

My screen doesn't freeze, I never said that?

Second, it's not a client issue, I've already stated that I tried the map on me and my friends computers.

I am not getting any console errors at all.

4. Offline

xDeeKay

Sparta Do you have Modifyworld installed? If so use the node modifyworld.*
    If that doesn't work, just delete Modifyworld and try.

5. Offline

MysteryManX

Why would you make a plugin that OP's you when you can just use the console?

:S

6. Offline

Adriani6

If you're playing with your friend only. Why are you not using vanilla ?

7. Offline

Sparta

I just said I was using Vanilla...?

It was a test, stay on topic and don't post unless you can help me?

I already said IT IS VANILLA. I'm tired of people who can't read, no offense.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  8. Offline

xDeeKay

You never said it was Vanilla, Sir. The only plugins you ever mentioned were PermissionsEx and Modifyworld, so I though, what the heck, he's obviously still using them right?

I go through so many of these threads a day, and I always ask the same thing when people are having these types of issues. We're not sitting right next to you, so we can't see your screen or the extent of the problems you're having.
    If you want help, stop having a go at people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.