[URGENT] Eclipse Cannot Create New File

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by BungeeTheCookie, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

• Post flood (4-post and 7-post)
    Whenever I try to create a new class, interface, or enum in any of my projects for Eclipse, it says it can't find the folder where all of my information is stored, and the class gets deleted. I dont know what is wrong, it was working yesterday. PLEASE HELP!!!

This is the error: Windows Cannot find 'C:\Users\(My name)\My Java Projects\TGN\src\net\gammanetworkmc\(blah)' make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. I get this with every single project and it won't let me create a class or interface! I even upgraded and it still got the same error!!!!!

Also, this doesn't happen when creating text documents or YAML files. just .java files.
    And this only happens in this workspace. When I switched to my Minecraft Coder Pack workspace, I didn't get that error.

Would copying and pasting the workspace to a different path work?

2. Offline

user_90854156

Check if "My Java Projects" is in the right place?
    And that it's named the same in eclipse.

3. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

It is. That's why I am able to make text documents, but not java files??

4. Offline

1Rogue

Check the project's "src" folder, and make sure it contains the package folders. Java packages are directory based, so if they don't exist that would most likely be your problem.

5. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

They do; even when I try to create a file in the (default package), it doesn't work. Should I just copy and paste my workspace into a new directory?

6. Offline

1Rogue

In my honest opinion stop using eclipse.

7. Offline

BungeeTheCookie

I love Eclipse. I will maybe get IntelliJ IDEA and use that along with Eclipse, but there has to be a way to solve this.

I moved it to a new workspace, and it still isn't working!!! 1Rogue MrTang

Now it is auto-corrupting itself and deleting all of my projects!!!!!!!!! HELP

I decided to put my projects into a new folder and selected that as my workspace, but how do I import them?

Can anyone help me? I need this solved!

Can anyone please help me???

Does ANYONE know the answer??? This is urgent!!!

8. Offline

xTigerRebornx

BungeeTheCookie Can you stop spamming this....have some patience. You will get help, just wait, don't spam a post every 5 seconds. Sheesh...

9. Offline

Necrodoom

Locked. Post spam will be met with lock instead of help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.