Updating Sever to 1.7.9

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Ethanl189, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Ethanl189

Can someone help me update my 1.7.2 server to 1.7.9

2. Offline

TheEntropy

Ethanl189
    It's quite easy, actually:

Steps:

1. Before doing anything, be sure to backup all your server files and place them elsewhere in case anything goes wrong.
    2. Download your desired version of bukkit here: http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/
    3. Replace your old server's .jar file (most likely has 'craftbukkit' or 'bukkit' in the name with the one you have just recently downloaded.
    4. If you are using a .bat file (.sh for linux machines), be sure to edit it to match the new file name.
    5. If all goes well, the server should start up on the new version. The server should automatically convert anything that needs it.
    edit: I forgot to mention that some updates might break some plugins. Check http://plugins.bukkit.org for any updates on all your plugin

3. Offline

Ethanl189

Which 1.7.9 should i use?

4. Offline

TheEntropy

Ethanl189 I recommend the most recent beta build.

5. Offline

Ethanl189

It says 1.6.4 recommended version. If you can, can you say which # it is for 1.7.9?

6. Offline

TheEntropy

Ethanl189 1.6.4 is 'recommended' because it is considered to be more stable than the others. I'm not quite sure what distinguishes the builds from each other (maybe they are not as tested), but the only way to get a 1.7.9 build of bukkit is to use a beta or development build (at this time). Here is a direct link to the one I recommend: http://dl.bukkit.org/downloads/craftbukkit/view/02631_1.7.9-R0.2/

7. Offline

Ethanl189

Wheres my ,jar folder? i have a hosted server with multicraft

8. Offline

TheEntropy

Ethanl189 I apologize, I thought you were hosting the server at home. If they have FTP support, you should be able to FTP into your server folder and replace the .jar from there. If you can't find the FTP information or don't know how to use FTP, I would recommend opening a support ticket over at multicraft and asking for help updating to a beta version.

9. Offline

Ethanl189

Im in my .jar folder. I have craftbukkit.jar craftbukkit_beta.jar minecraft_server.jar and spigot.jar Which one do i edit / use

10. Offline

TheEntropy

Ethanl189 I believe you select one of those three in your server's control panel. Since your going to replace one of those with the beta build, I would recommend replacing the craftbukkit_beta.jar and then selecting the beta build in your control panel.

11. Offline

Ethanl189

How long will it take to like load in. Is it a big file?

It didnt upload. Should i rename The Craftbukkit-1.7.9.jar file to something else?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  12. Offline

TheEntropy

Ethanl189 It depends on your internet's upload speed, but it shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes.

edit: where there any error messages?

13. Offline

Ethanl189

It didnt upload. Should i rename The Craftbukkit-1.7.9.jar file to something else?

14. Offline

TheEntropy

Ethanl189 Sure, Although I'm not sure if it will appear as an option in your control panel.

15. Offline

Ethanl189

What should i rename it to?

16. Offline

TheEntropy

Ethanl189 Probably something that contains both it's version number and it's build status so you can know what it is for future references. An example would be: Craftbukkit-1-7-9-beta

17. Offline

Ethanl189

what happenes if it doesnt upload?

I dont think its going to work. The maximum file size is 8 MB and this file is 19.5 MB. Are there any 1.7.9 builds that are lower than 8 MB

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  18. Offline

TheEntropy

Ethanl189 Not that I know of. Is there FTP connection information that you could use for an FTP client like FileZilla? If so, get FileZilla and connect to their server using that.

19. Offline

Ethanl189

So basically move the .jar folder to the FTP Directly through filezilla?

20. Offline

TheEntropy

Ethanl189 You should be able to move .jar file into the folder with the other jars with the FTP client.

21. Offline

Ethanl189

But i cant because the file is 19.5 MB and the max size is 8MB

22. Offline

TheEntropy

23. Offline

Bobcat00

24. Offline

Ethanl189

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.