Development Assistance Updating Plugins to 1.8.X

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Markyroson, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Markyroson

How do you update a plugin to the 1.8.X bukkit API? There must be some sort of a change because when I try (and add it as an external library) I get a class error in the package line. Thankfully my plugins made with the 1.7.9RO3 bukkit version still work with 1.8.X. I would however like to make them native with it.

Any ideas?

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

Replace the 1.7.__ Bukkit Jar with the 1.8 Bukkit Jar.

3. Offline

Markyroson

I know, I did that but as I say, the package line got a weird error (I will post it when I get home so you guys can see).

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

5. Offline

Markyroson

Why was this moved to bukkit alternatives? It is bukkit, not an alternative like cauldron or something like that

6. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

It is for 1.8, Bukkit never released that.

7. Offline

Markyroson

Fair enough I guess, but it doesn't seem exactly "right" as it is still on the topic of bukkit. I thought that this section was for true alternatives like spigot, cauldron, and so on but whatever. Back to the topic at hand.

The error it gives is "The type com.avaje.ebean.EbeanServer cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files"

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.