Filled Updated Easy Elevators Plugin for 1.12

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by GuitarMaster5001, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would love to see this plugin updated. It doesn't seem to quite work with 1.12. There seems to be an issue, and I have outlined it in the comments for the plugin. In addition to compatibility, I would also like to be able to set the floor to various blocks rather than just double smooth stone slab. Let me know how feasible you think it would be get this plugin updated. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. Offline

Reflxction

I'll update it if the developer gives me the permission to do so (in the plugin page, he/she mentioned that if anyone would like to update it, they should contact them)
    no promise

3. Thanks! I assume you have already sent a PM to the developer?

4. @GuitarMaster5001
    Given that the plugin is licensed under GNU GPLv3, you don't need permission from the original author to update it. I decided to take a look at updating this, and after fixing a minor error with the sound effect on arrival at a floor, everything seems to work perfectly. I can't seem to reproduce the error about 'next' you're getting. Could you please post some more thorough instructions on how to reproduce this error?

5. Thanks for the reply, Alvin! I've here is a video briefly outlining my current issue with the plugin. Let me know if you need any more information or context that the video/commentary may not provide.

6. @GuitarMaster5001
    Huh. I still can't replicate it, are you sure you're using the latest version (1.21)?

7. How did you fix the sound effect on arrival? That may be where my problem lies.

8. Well, that updated jar seems to have fixed it for now. Thanks for your help, Alvin!

9. @GuitarMaster5001
    Well, glad that it worked (you must've been using an old version somehow, since I cannot for the life of me find how that 'next' error would've occurred)!

Something to note: This code is probably soon running on its last legs. It's using API methods deprecated more than 3 years ago. All I did was the bare minimum to make it work; this urgently needs a complete rewrite, but that is something I do not currently have time for (and if I were to put in the work, I'd rather have support from the original author, so it could be posted on the devbukkit page).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.