[UNSUPPORTED][TP] Warpz0r v1.4.2 - Multiworld Warp and Home plugin [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Drakia, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Drakia

Warpz0r - Yet another warp and home plugin! Now with iConomy support!
    Version: 1.4.2
    CraftBukkit: 1317

Plugin Dependencies:
    Any SuperPerms handler, as well as Permissions 2.x/3.x (Optional)
    Register (Optional, will allow any Economy plugin to be used)

=============
    Description
    =============
    Yet another warp and home plugin.
    I didn't think there were quite enough warp and home plugins out there, so I decided to write my own for my server.
    Added basic iConomy support for /home /warp and /sethome

Download (Direct JAR): http://thedgtl.net/bukkit/Warpz0r.jar
    Source: https://github.com/TheDgtl/Warpz0r

=============
    Installation
    =============
    Copy Warpz0r.jar to the plugins/ folder
    After the initial run it will create a Warpz0r folder with the config file in it. Edit the config file to your liking then run "reload" in the CraftBukkit terminal.

=============
    Features
    =============
    This plugin supports warping/homing between multiple worlds.
    You only have one "home," so if you are in one world and your home is in another, you will warp to your "home" world if you use /home
    Permissions plugin is used if installed, otherwise goes based on isOp().
    Will import your existing homes and warps if you place homes.txt/warps.txt file into the plugins/Warpz0r/ folder
    Ability to disable inter-world warp
    iConomy 5.x support (DOES NOT SUPPORT ICONOMY 6.x)

=============
    Commands
    =============
    /warp <name> - Warp yourself to specified warp point
    /warpto <player> <name> - Warp target player to specified warp point
    /listwarps - List all available warps
    /setwarp <name> - Create a named warp at your current location
    /setwarp <name> <cost> - Create a named warp at your current location with the specified cost to use it.
    /removewarp <name> - Removes a named warp
    /home - Warp to your set home
    /home <player> - Warp to a specified players home
    /sethome - Sets your home
    /sethome <player> - Set a specified players home
    /clearhome <player> - Clear a players home
    /wz compass - Set your compass to point to your home
    /wz compass <warp> - Set your compass to point to <warp>
    /wz compass reset - Set your compass to point to spawn

=============
    Configuration
    =============
    useiconomy - Set to "true" to use iConomy
    sethomecost - The cost to use /sethome
    warpcost - The cost to use /warp
    homecost - The cost to use /home
    setwarpcost - The cost to use /setwarp
    removewarpcost - The cost to use /removewarp
    noPrefix - Set to "true" to disable "[Warpz0r]" prefix for player messages
    bedhome - Set to true to allow players with warpz0r.bedhome permissions to set home on entering a bed

=============
    Permissions
    =============
    Code:
    warpz0r.use: Allow full use of Warpz0r warping commands
        warpz0r.use.warp: Allow use of warping functionality)
            warpz0r.warp: Allow use of /warp <warp> (default: op)
            warpz0r.set: Allow use of /setwarp <warp> (default: op)
            warpz0r.setcost: Allow use of /setwarp <warp> <cost> (default: op)
            warpz0r.remove: Allow use of /removewarp <warp> (default: op)
            warpz0r.list: Allow use of /listwarps (default: op)
            warpz0r.worldwarp: Allow warping between worlds (default: op)
        warpz0r.use.home: Allow use of home commands
            warpz0r.sethome: Allow use of /sethome (default: true)
            warpz0r.home: Allow use of /home (default: true)
            warpz0r.worldhome: Allow teleporting between worlds during /home  (default: true)
            warpz0r.bedhome: Allow use of a bed setting players home (default: true)
        warpz0r.use.compass: Allow use of compass commands
            warpz0r.compasshome: Allow use of /wz compass (default: true)
            warpz0r.compassreset: Allow use of /wz compass reset (default: true)
            warpz0r.compasswarp: Allow use of /wz compass <warp> (default: op)

warpz0r.admin: Allow use of admin commands
        warpz0r.admin.warpto: Allow use of /warpto <player> <warp> (default: op)
        warpz0r.admin.sethome: Allow use of /sethome <player> (default: op)
        warpz0r.admin.home: Allow use of /home <player> (default: op)
        warpz0r.admin.clearhome: Allow use of /clearhome [player] (default: op)

warpz0r.free: All warpz0r commands are free
        warpz0r.free.warp: Don't charge for /warp (default: op)
        warpz0r.free.setwarp: Don't charge for /setwarp (default: op)
        warpz0r.free.removewarp: Don't charge for /removewarp (default: op)
        warpz0r.free.sethome: Don't charge for /sethome (default: op)
        warpz0r.free.home: Don't charge for /home (default: op)
        warpz0r.free.bedhome: Don't charge on bed usage setting home (default: op)

** Note on Permissions 2.x/3.x: If you are using Perms 2/3, you MUST specify the child nodes individually,
    as Perms 2/3 are not SuperPerms compatible, they do not support the permissions hierarchy defined in plugin.yml
    =============
    F.A.Q.
    =============
    Q) Why don't beds show animation?
    A) Iunno, ask Notch.

Q) Can you add private warps?
    A) Iunno, as... Oh wait, this one's on me. This isn't the type of plugin Warpz0r is meant to be, and it's probably never going to support private /hidden warps.

Q) I'm giving my users warpz0r.use but they can't use /warp, why not?
    A) Permissions 2.x/3.x do not support the hierarchy structure in plugin.yml (They don't support perms in plugin.yml at all) so you must define every node for them.

=============
    Changes
    =============
    [Version 1.4.2]
    - Prefer SuperPerms over PermsBridge
    - Register support instead of iConomy
    [Version 1.4.1]
    - Stupid iConomy.
    [Version 1.4.0]
    - Implemented SuperPerms. This includes a perms overhaul, please re-do your permissions.
    - Fixed teleporting to unloaded chunks
    - Fixed iConomy error when 6.x is installed
    [Version 1.3.1]
    - Fixed location saving on bedhome
    [Version 1.3.0]
    - Added /home <player>
    - Added /sethome <player>
    - Added ability to set home on entering a bed
    - New config options:
    - bedhome
    - New Permissions:
    - warpz0r.bedhome
    - warpz0r.free.bedhome
    - warpz0r.admin.home
    - warpz0r.admin.sethome
    [Version 1.2.4]
    - Updated for iConomy 5.x
    [Version 1.2.3]
    - Added noPrefix config option
    [Version 1.2.2]
    - Added /clearhome [Player]
    - Made /warpto and /clearhome allow partial names
    [Version 1.2.1]
    - Forgot to check to make sure the player supplied a warp name
    [Version 1.2.0]
    - Added Free permissions
    - Added per-warp costs
    [Version 1.1.1]
    - Updated to latest RB
    [Version 1.1.0]
    - Changed version numbering
    - Changed method used to hook plugins
    - Updated iConomy support.
    [Version 1.09]
    - Added "/wz compass" "/wz compass reset" and "/wz compass <warp>"
    [Version 1.08]
    - /listwarps is now alphabetical
    [Version 1.07]
    - More iConomy costs
    - Fixed a reference to Tombstone
    [Version 1.06]
    - Small permissions handling update
    - Updated to iConomy 4.x
    - Warplist now shows proper case
    [Version 1.05]
    - Tweaked permission handling
    - Warp names are no longer case sensitive.
    [Version 1.04]
    - Added iConomy support
    - Added a function to handle messaging the player, now only the "[Warpz0r]" text is colored
    [Version 1.03]
    - Fixed disallowing teleport between worlds, was always returning false.
    [Version 1.02]
    - Remove long constructor
    - Fixed Permission handling, works with /pr now
    - Ability to disable inter-world warping
    [Version 1.01]
    - Changed permission handling to send "Permission Denied" messages
    - Prepended "[Warpz0r]" to all messages sent to player
    [Version 1.00]
    - Initial Release

Baghtal, _Robert, Brain and 1 other person like this.
  2. Offline

Drakia

Bed based home would be a different plugin, make a post in the plugin request forum.

3. is it warpzor for permissions what is the 0 part is it a o or zero capital or lower case

4. Offline

Drakia

It's a zero

5. Offline

Drakia

[Version 1.2.2]
    - Added /clearhome [Player]
    - Made /warpto and /clearhome allow partial names

6. Offline

Danzzz

The thing is i have default commands so can i still use the plugin cos all my warps on tht plugin still exist :( exact same commands somebody help plz ? i want 2 use the economy based side 2 the warping ?

7. Offline

Bjourk

How does this plugin work with Essentials?

8. Offline

Paul_VB

hey the compass point feature doent work for me. like i type /wz compass CentralCity, it says "compass now pointing to centralcity, but its not pointed there. its pointed to some random point. the random point never changes tho. its alsways like 0,-1,70 and its the same for every warp

9. Offline

uspata

Could you implement MySQL support, and also have the moneyflow getting logged in iConomy_Transactions?
    I like to track my users and have edit possebilities through MySQL.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is working great!

10. Offline

Brain

Warpz0r would be even better if there was a way to convert Essentials' warp files into Warpz0r's own format.
    Now there is. I hacked together a shell script that does just that. Needs sed, cut and ksh. Invoke without parameters for short usage description.

Use at your own risk. You can do whatever you want with it. Although if it is instrumental in taking over the world I would gladly accept the office of Viceroy of Canada. Thank you.

Working on it. I like Warpz0r so much that I started looking into plugin development. Currently working on a storage implementation for Warpz0r-proprietary files, Essentials-style YAML files and MySQL tables.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  11. Offline

Drakia

MySQL isn't something I will be adding to Warpz0r, it's complete and utter overkill.

12. Offline

Brain

Alright, implemented MySQL support and hacked a shell script that converts Warpz0r's list files into the appropriate DB entries. Tested creating warps, setting home location, warping back and forth and deleting warps and clearing home locations.

Is it OK to share this?

13. Offline

xen0

Thanks Brain! I was looking for this. What do I need to change for this to convert Essentials Home to Warpzor home?

14. Offline

Brain

Nothing. And why should you?
    The script takes the directory with Essentials' warp files as the first parameter and the absolute name of Warpz0r's warps.db as the second parameter. warps.db will be created if it doesn't exist and appended. No magic involved.

15. Offline

xen0

I am seeing the home files are stored in Essentials/userdata directory and the warps files of course in Essentials/warps. Why would I not want to convert the home files?

16. Offline

Drakia

In your own topic under "Plugin Submissions" using your own plugin name, yes. You however must release the source, must provide your own support, and I would prefer if you don't use the same name as my plugin.

17. Offline

Paul_VB

please? anyone?

18. Offline

Drakia

19. Offline

Paul_VB

ok so its still broken in 1.5, right?

20. Offline

Drakia

Knowing Notch, I'd assume so. I haven't tested it, but considering you say it doesn't work, I'm gonna go with yes.

21. Offline

Paul_VB

do you know what the scource of the problem is? i dont expect u can fix it if its a problm with minecraft, but im wondering if its even possible to fix that feature cuz id love for my users to be able to use it.

22. Offline

Drakia

It's a client bug. Or a core bukkit bug, one or the other. Not something I plan on fixing myself, I already call setCompassTarget, so once it's fixed it'll start working again.

23. Offline

Paul_VB

ok, but whats " call setCompassTarget" ? im not as knowlegable as u are on the subject of pluing programing/coding ect

24. Offline

Drakia

On my end, everything I need to do is done. Now it just needs to be fixed on the server/client end.

25. Offline

Brain

Well, I wrote that script in 10 minutes which is way longer than it would have taken to convert my 58 warp points by hand. But then I only have 4 active users. User data is in another format than warp location. Importing that isn't just a copy/paste job and replace 3 variables. I would have spent a lot more time automating the home location import than just doing it by hand. Which I didn't because nobody of us four guys cares much about the home location and we use it only as a return points when constructing high buildings, in case someone falls down.

Feel free to implement home location import yourself. You may do whatever you want with the script.

26. Offline

uspata

Exiting :) If you could add MySQL support it would be awesome!

I know MySQL is overkill, but still some user might want it for some of the reasons i gave you.
    Other say that its not such a big change to add MySQL support.
    I have 10+ active players on my server, and we're building over a laaaaarge area, and it would be nice to implement coords via our web-page so users can see where the warps are.

27. Offline

Drakia

I will not be adding MySQL support to Warpz0r, I don't care how hard or easy it is. This is my plugin and I have final say as to what is added and what isn't.

28. Offline

uspata

Nice to see you are open for input :)

29. Offline

Drakia

Nice to see you feel entitled to get your feature requests into a plugin, so much so that you bash the creator of said plugin when he denies a suggestion.
    You don't like it? Then screw off. Go make your own plugin. I make plugins for MY server, and I release them so that other people can enjoy them. I take suggestions I like, and ignore ones I don't. Your suggestion is overkill for this plugin in my opinion, therefor it will not get implemented.
    And yes, I am a douche, glad to see I'm not the only one around these parts though.

30. Offline

Brain

Actually I already added that. I wrote a storage plugin that lets you connect any kind of storage technology/facility/whatever. One file, several files, SQL DB, LDAP... whatever you want. I have it running on my production server right now.

Unfortunately it seems I will keep sitting on the changes I made. If I understand the GPL correctly I can make changes and keep them for myself or distribute them to the world, nothing in between. I'm working 50 hours a week, coding and dealing with people who edit text files with Word. For me it's very stressful dealing with these customers. Publishing my changes would mean creating a fork of Warpz0r, thus creating yet another warp plugin, and dealing with people who edit text files in Word in my free time. This is not exactly relaxing.

I don't mind donating code to a plugin I like and use, but I don't want to deal with non-geeks in my free time, too, because sooner or later they would drive me up the wall and this serves nobody. And Drakia made Warpz0r so he has the final say about what goes into the plugin and what doesn't. So there is no use crying, screaming, flaming, bashing etc, we will just have to accept that and move on.

I apologize for stirring things up, especially for Drakia. I was just trying to help.

31. Offline

Drakia

@Brain I have no problem with you :) It's good you made the changes, but a shame you don't have the time/want to support them. As I said, MySQL isn't something I'm going to add, mainly because it's overkill to me, and it's yet another feature I'd need to support (You seem to understand this aspect ;) ). Good luck with your day job! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.