Solved Unsupported Major Minor Class version

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Hex_27, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Hex_27

This is the error log of a client of mine:
    http://pastebin.com/2fyg7vas

It works fine on my computer with Java 8 and the same server jar. The plugin was compiled with Java 7. Can anyone tell what version of Java my client is using?

2. Offline

Cirno

52 is Java 8 iirc; your Path variable is probably still referencing Java 7; try googling around to see how to fix it.

3. Offline

Apple_

Plugin was compiled on a different version than the machine running it. cmd > java -version then check your compiling version.

4. Offline

Hex_27

@Cirno I've tried for quite some time but I still can't find answers
    @Apple_ Yes. I know that. I compiled it in JDK 1.7 as you should have read from the main post.

5. @Hex_27 Do you know how to change your build path to Java8? I can help you, but it is what @Apple_ said.

6. Offline

Hex_27

7. @Hex_27 Where you usually configure your buildpath for a Bukkit API or other jar file, your going to click your java library and update it to java 8.

8. Moved to Bukkit Alternates.

9. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Tyler Christensen You do know that you can run java 7 plugins fine on java 8 right? So setting the build path to java 8 won't do anything.

10. I think i might have misunderstood his questions. I thought he was talking about his server is java 7, while his plugins are java 8. I was telling him to set his plugins to java 8 because i wasnt paying attention to the question :p Thank you for fixing that xD

11. Offline

Hex_27

@Tyler Christensen No... I'm saying my client's server version is Java 8, but my plugin is Java 7, but the plugin is giving a major minor version error.

12. Invisible

nverdier

@Hex_27 52 is compiled in Java 8. Are you sure you aren't compiling in Java 8?

13. Offline

Hex_27

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.