[Unsloved] Static Download Link for plugin's resource pack

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Jogy34, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jogy34

For one of my plugins I created resource packs that contain custom sounds that I then allow people to download from the plugin. The problem with this though is that I need to supply the link which has to be a direct download. I had been using media fire by going to manually download the file and then copying the link that the download button goes to and that worked fine but I found out today when I was testing some things that the download link changed.

So I need some way to either have a static link that will always point to the direct download or some way to retrieve the non-static link.

2. Offline

NathanWolf

This isn't really a bukkit question... You're asking for a file host :)

I'd suggest signing up for a Google account and using Drive.

3. Offline

Jogy34

I was hesitant to post here because of that but it's for one of my plugins so I did;

And I tried using google but I think the url is too long as it won't do anything when I use the setResourcePack() method.

4. Offline

NathanWolf

Even if you make the file public? I don't know if a URL shortener would work, I'm guessing not.

It seems weird that there is any kind of URL length limit, but I've never used any custom resource packs myself, so I dunno.

Free direct file hosting is kind of a rarity. I can't think of anything else offhand. You could always set up a server in your house and host it yourself :-D

5. Offline

BillyGalbreath

goo.gl shortener has never failed me before with Bukkit, it might work for resource packs too. Dont rule anything out until you've tested it. ;)

6. Offline

TheKomputerKing

Buy a VPS and host it on there. They come in handy anyway :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.