(UNRESOLVED) Server lags on player connection

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Blazecrafter, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The server Runs smoothly with 1-40 players or more, (It is dedicated with 8GB RAM) but when anyone joins, it lags and becomes unresponsive for around 3-6 seconds. There must be some connection glitch happening here. Please help me, been trying to fix this for days.

Server specifications:
    2.8GHz AMD Quadcore, 8GB DDR2 RAM, running on Debian 5.

2. Offline

Jared39

It doesnt matter about what computer you are running it on if u are hosting this at home. Most home internets cant keep up with server traffic and when someone joins it is just adding another person. Eventually it will smooth itself out & adjust but there probably no stopping the join lag. (NOTE) This is if you are running a server from home!

3. No, this is a dedicated server. Also the problem isn't going to smooth itself out, it's been like this getting no worse and no better for a while.

4. Offline

Lolmewn

Probably a plugin problem. Which ones are you running?

5. Offline

Fuzzwolf

Are you running a massive amount of database plugins? Logblock, mcMMO, etc. can all require a bit of resources to be used to load users and their respected statistics upon logging in. Try using the program NoLagg++ and run a benchmark to see how your processor is affected whenever players log in.

6. Plugins: Dynamicban, Plgdisablecmd, Plglogcmd, Worldedit, Worldguard,propertime, vanishnopacket, permissionsbukkit, eteleport, adminprivatechat, mycommand, jail. (The server is vanilla anarchy, no commands for players basically) (Note: The server is dedicated, not a home based crappy server)

7. Offline

sk8r776

Just because a server is home based doesn't mean anything. I run my servers on a dell R410 which is a $3,000 sever with fios's highest business package.

on another note. This sound like your server is caching something or loading something when your players join. You maybe getting some kind of a hit on I/O Performance. Also whoever hosts it could have that server limited to bandwidth. Just because its dedicated does not mean its unlimited.

8. It's got plenty of bandwidth.

Bump

hmmmm

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  9. Offline

Jade

A bump every hour is against the rules.

10. Offline

sk8r776

You need to go back and re-read my previous post. Check out your Disk I/O. See what you server is loading on player connect. Also it could be hardware related.

11. Offline

Guenael

so you find the solution ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.