Problem/Bug Ubuntu Server offline mode

Discussion in 'General Help' started by litichi, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

litichi

My issue is very similar to this, except I have the predicament of running it on an Ubuntu server. On Ubuntu server, there is .bat files.

[xxx WARN]: **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    [xxx WARN]: The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    [xxx WARN]: While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    [xxx WARN]: To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.properties file.​
    is what is sent along with it loading.

These are the files/directories in the directory it is all currently in. I colored directories a dark blue, jar files a red, and files are just black text.
    banned-ips.json craftbukkit-1.8.5.jar Kaig Realms_nether ops.json server.properties world_nether
    banned-players.json eula.txt Kaig Realms_the_end permissions.yml usercache.json world_the_end
    bukkit.yml help.yml lib plugins whitelist.json
    commands.yml Kaig Realms logs server.log world

In the server.properties file I have online-mode=true, so it is set to true already.
    The server log is empty. Hopefully one of you have encountered this before, and if I solve it before there is a solution proposed here, I will post it.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives.
    @litichi You start the server with a file or on the commandline right? What is in that file or on the commandline?

3. Offline

litichi

I use the command line. This is what I type to start the server.

sudo java -Xmx2G -jar craftbukkit-1.8.5.jar -o -true

-true was the issue. Warning to future people, don't forget to not do a - before true.

4. Offline

nverdier

Please mark this as solved if it is so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.