[TUTORIAL]Running a Server: Port-Forwarding, Hamachi...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ImminentFate, Jul 19, 2011.

?

What do you use to let your players join your server?

1. Hamachi

45.5%
  2. Port-Forwarding

51.1%
  3. LAN Play

3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jet9

I have black shadow's same problem.

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes
    4) Yes

My friend's computer only says "Unable to reach server". I was thinking it could be a firewall issue not allowing hamachi to communicate properly?

EDIT: Turned off firewall, problem persisted. Checked the port, port 25565 on Hamachi's IP isn't open. What can I do about that?

2. Offline

jacklin213

can u post your server.txt or server.log from the last start up thanks!

3. Offline

jacklin213

4. Offline

ChienPo

I've followed all the steps here for port-forwarding but it doesn't seem to work !

5. I know how to port forward and I've done it successsfully but I run my Bukkit server and it automatically goes to my hamachi IP. When people who don't have my hamachi try to join using my current IP address it says they can't reach the server. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

6. Offline

ImminentFate

it goes to your hamachi ip if you've entered that ip into your server.properties. open it up, and make sure "server-ip" is blank.

7. I left it blank i don't know how to fix it!

8. Offline

jacklin213

put ur internal ip (one u get from CMD) into server-ip= and give them ur external ip (one from http://whatsmyip.org)

9. Offline

whifferman

i can't seem to allow players to join my server i have tryed Hamachi and port forwarding but neither worked. And what is my internal ip:
    a: Default gateway
    b: Subnet mask
    c: IPv4
    or
    d: Link-Local IPv6 Address
    PLS REPLY ASAP

10. Offline

jacklin213

11. Offline

PolarCraft

I never knew so many people couldn't use their ip. Because you portforward minecraft through your router. Which is way easier. In my opinion.

12. Offline

angeplay

Nobody is going to help you if your too lazy to grab your modem (or you are a liar)

13. Offline

PolarCraft

You dont need to reach for your router XD its your ip that you get from cmd that you enter into your browser to access it :D

14. Offline

whifferman

15. Thanks! I have wanted to set up a server for a club at school, based at my home. It was a bit difficult to set up but worth it! Now my friends can join my world wherever they are.

16. Am I lost?

I've got a 1.5.2 bukkit server but before 5 days, i can't connect. But after 5 days, I can connect. But otheres can't. Why?

17. Offline

BlueDragonBunny

#Minecraft server properties
    #Thu May 01 20:58:20 CDT 2014
    generator-settings=
    op-permission-level=4
    allow-nether=true
    level-name=world
    enable-query=false
    allow-flight=false
    announce-player-achievements=true
    server-port=25565
    level-type=DEFAULT
    enable-rcon=false
    force-gamemode=false
    level-seed=
    server-ip=
    max-build-height=256
    spawn-npcs=true
    white-list=false
    spawn-animals=true
    snooper-enabled=true
    hardcore=false
    online-mode=true
    resource-pack=
    pvp=true
    difficulty=1
    enable-command-block=false
    player-idle-timeout=0
    gamemode=0
    max-players=20
    spawn-monsters=true
    view-distance=10
    generate-structures=true
    spawn-protection=16
    motd=A Minecraft Server
    The server starts but niether me or my frends can join
    it just keeps loading on the server connect thiung

18. Offline

ImminentFate

what IP are your friendstrying to use?

19. Offline

BlueDragonBunny

my ip that (I got from ip chicken....

20. Offline

ImminentFate

you should be trying to connect using "localhost", "localhost:25565" or "127.0.0.1"

Your friends should be able to connect using your IP from IPChicken, but keep in mind that it changes frequently. They may also need to add ":25565" to the end of the IP, sometimes this fixes it.
    One problem could be that your firewall isn't letting Java through. Try disabling your firewall, and see if your friends can connect then. If they can, make sure you re-enable your firewall, and then go through and make an exception in it for Java.
    If it still doesn't work, it may be that you haven't set up port-forwarding correctly, or even that your internal IP has changed as well (this also happens, routers use something called Dynamic Host Connection Protocol to give every computer that tries to connect a new IP (happens when you restart your computer). Type in "ipconfig" in command prompt to see if your IP has changed since when you set it up.

Try these steps, and come back if it doesn't work. We'll see what can be done.
    Good luck :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.