[TUTORIAL] Port Forwarding (For Windows)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Supersam654, Aug 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

doomsage165

Ok i cant get a screenshot of cmd atm coz I busy but I took a look at ip passthrough and it looks like i need to enable it and i tried but says for it to take affect i need to restart my modem and renew DHCP leases.I no how to restart modem but how do I renew DHCP leases?

2. Offline

Supersam654

I really don't think that you are in the right place, however, in order to renew DHCP leases, just restart your router as well as your modem.

3. Offline

TurtleGilmore

Under 'Service' it says a whole load of things:

[​IMG]

4. Offline

Supersam654

@TurtleGilmore select Any(ALL). For the rest, I can't really help you because the drop-down list is in the way.

5. Offline

Celeixen

Although you put windows in the title its really universal, you will just need to add how to find the default gateway with linux/mac which is normally show in network status. I am sure some can provide steps for doing this on other operating systems.

6. Offline

Supersam654

True...and there is a tutorial like this (I forget who made it though...) so I decided that this should be Windows specific. I also added (Windows) to the title because I can't help people follow directions on a Mac (I don't have one so if they can't follow directions, I can't make simpilar directions for them). Also, I morbidly despise Macs!:mad:

7. Offline

uvbeenzaned

Lol! Love it! Me too!

8. Offline

TurtleGilmore

9. Offline

Supersam654

@TurtuleGilmore for Send to LAN Server, put in your ip address (see steps 1-3 if you forgot the whole thing by now). Also, leave WAN Users and Log set to Never. Then you should be done!

10. Offline

TurtleGilmore

So I just leave Outbound?
    Also, Correct me if I'm wrong,

#
    Enable
    Service Name
    Action
    LAN Server IP address
    WAN Users
    Log
    Any(ALL)
    ALLOW always
    90.212.146.141 (1:65535)
    0.0.0.0 (1:65535)
    Never

It's a bit squashed, but does this mean that 65535 is my port?
    This is in a table on my screen, but I hope you can make it out on here,

11. Offline

Supersam654

@TurtleGilmore I don't think that your internal IP address is 90.212.146.141... Go back through steps 1.3 and find your IP address again. It should be the same thing that you typed in to connect to your router PLUS 2 numbers.

And about the port thing, you can use any port (or just leave it as 25565)

12. Offline

TurtleGilmore

Oh I see, I mis-understood, I changed it to my IPv4.
    But when my friend tries to connect it says ''Connecting to Server..''
    Then fails.

Here is what I've done:
    [​IMG]

13. Offline

Supersam654

@TurtleGilmore Your LAN server IP address is wrong. You put your default gateway instead of your IP address. It should be 192.168.0.2xx where xx MUST be number.

14. Offline

TurtleGilmore

I don't have anything of the sort on the cmd ipconfig

15. Offline

Supersam654

Then you are doing something wrong. Scroll through whatever pops up and look harder. Or post a screen shot of it (you might want to make your CMD window as big as possible)

16. Offline

TurtleGilmore

[​IMG]

Also, I thank you so much for your patience and persistence with me.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  17. Offline

Supersam654

Wow...I have never seen that before! Regardless, I believe that you have successfully port forwarded and people can now play on your Bukkit server :D

18. Offline

TurtleGilmore

They can't connect for some reason.

19. Offline

Supersam654

Post your server.properties file

20. Offline

Vezorock

New
    I have a couple questions on port fowarding. My router says my ports are forwarded, but port checker websites say they arent. People have connected before, so I dont see what changed. Ip routing is enabled. I turned firewall off. And Im pretty sure I have a static ip​

21. Offline

Supersam654

I think your problem lies in your static IP address. Even if your PUBLIC IP ADDRESS is static, your INTERNAL IP ADDRESS probably isn't. Go through steps 1-3 in the tutorial and verify that your router has the port(s) forwarded to that IP address.

22. Offline

Vezorock

if i didnt have a static ip address, how do you make it static?

23. Offline

Supersam654

Quite frankly, it's complicated. If you really want to know, google around. But a few words of advice: You need to disable DHCP from your router and you need to manually assign a static IP address and DNS servers to every computer that will use that router (even if friends come over and connect to it).

24. Offline

Vezorock

So that would be every computer on my network? I cant do that. I dont have access to one of the computers.

shadowdanza likes this.
  25. Offline

Supersam654

Then you can't have an internal static IP address :(

26. Offline

Vezorock

oh it worked without the static ip address. I think.

27. Offline

Supersam654

Then, I think, I am glad I could help ;)

28. Offline

TurtleGilmore

#Minecraft server properties
    #Sat Aug 27 13:51:08 BST 2011
    level-name=world
    allow-nether=false
    view-distance=10
    spawn-monsters=false
    online-mode=true
    spawn-animals=true
    pvp=true
    server-ip=192.168.0.2
    max-players=12
    level-seed=
    server-port=25565
    allow-flight=true
    white-list=true

29. Offline

Supersam654

Thought so... xD. remove the part after server-ip=. Just leave it blank.

30. Offline

TurtleGilmore

Still not working for some odd reason. My friend said it just says ''Connecting to server'' But for me it says all this:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.