[TUTORIAL] Port Forwarding (For OS X)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Banana937, Aug 19, 2011.

?

Was this post helpful?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Banana937

Port forwarding for Mac OS X is a little bit different, in terms of setting a static internal IP, etc.
    NOTE: I recommend copy-pasting this post into a Word Document or Notepad, because while setting a Static Internal IP, you may lose Internet temporarily -- I hope that you don't have a super important server running xD
    1. Press the Airport button on the menu bar. Click "Open Network Preferences...".
    2. On the left, make sure "Airport" is selected and On (the light should be green).
    3. Towards the bottom-right, click "Advanced...".
    4. Go to the "TCP/IP" tab.
    5. Remember what the IPv4 Address and the Router Address is.
    6. On the dropdown menu labelled "Configure IPv4", select "Using DHCP with Manual Address". The first three numbers should be the first three numbers of your regular IPv4 Address. The fourth number may be anything between 1 and 255. (i.e., my dynamic IPv4 Address is something like 192.168.1.145, so I set it to 192.168.1.123). NOTE: If you lose internet here and it doesn't come back after you click Ok and Apply, go back in and change Configure IPv4 to Using DHCP, then comment below
    7. Click "Ok".
    8. Click "Apply".
    9. Open your web browser of choice, mine being Chrome, and in the Address Bar type the Router Address from the TCP/IP page. (The username should be your Routers Name, and the password is your Router Password -- if your router does not have a password, leave it blank -- if that doesn't work use admin as the username -- if none of these work, please comment with your router brand and I will try to get back to you).
    10. Navigate to a page named something along the lines of "Applications/Gaming" or "Port Forwarding" or "Port Triggering". If you don't have one of these pages, search through the pages until you find Port Forwarding.
    11. If it asks for an Application Name, set it to MC Server or Minecraft -- whatever you feel fits :p
    12. For the Port, use 25565, if it asks for an external and internal port (or something like that) use 25565 for both.
    13. Protocol should be TCP/UDP (both) -- if it doesn't allow both, forward port 25565 twice (once for TCP, once for UDP)
    14. Address should be the Static IP you set.
    If this tutorial didn't work, please comment below and tell me where you went wrong and what happened.

2. Offline

Supersam654

Nice tutorial. But just a heads up, its TCP and UDP, not FTP and UDP (FTP exists, but is completely different).

3. Offline

Banana937

Wow... durp. I know what FTP is lol I don't know why I said that.

4. Offline

Exofalcon

I followed all of the instructions and whenever I try to start the server it says:

208 recipes
    27 achievements
    20:37:24 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.4.5
    20:37:24 [INFO] Loading properties
    20:37:24 [INFO] Default game type: SURVIVAL
    20:37:24 [INFO] Generating keypair
    20:37:24 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on 192.168.1.174:25565
    20:37:24 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    20:37:24 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Can't assign requested address
    20:37:24 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    >
    Do you have any ideas on how to fix this? I have also changed the IP multiple times and this same result came up every time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.