[TUT] Learn How To Make Bukkit Plugins Here!

Discussion in 'Resources' started by AmbaDev, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AmbaDev

So, to start off with, I want to make these videos for fun. You can talk crap at me, and I won't care. Making and showing helps me learn. Although I may sound young (which I pretty much am) I still want to do this. My intention in this is to teach how to do stuff in Bukkit, not Java related. I am expecting to teach people with what I have learned, and mistakes I've been through.
    Alright, so, I've been working on a long to go series of how to make bukkit plugins. I've been considering this for a long time, and I have finally made out the first episode. If you want to join the adventure, come join me! This will probably be something like the awesome TheBCBroz who makes bukkit plugin tutorials as well. I am looking forward into having such great people looking forward to me, but here are the links to my stuff!

Watch the first episode here:

Check my channel out at:
    https://www.youtube....user/Ambabukkit

When joining, you can also ask questions and concerns to me on Skype. I usually will go on 8:30PM - 9:30PM (PST) if possible. MY skype is "AmbaBukkit" if you want to know. :)

Ambamore2000 likes this.
  2. Offline

AmbaDev

:) 3 subscribers.

3. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

AmbaDev
    TheBCBroz is not good for learning Bukkit... he suggests bad methods and practices, and his videos are largely outdated.

This "tutorial" is misleading. For one, you aren't teaching others anything. You are just telling them where they can find other, better tutorials (After watching the first 6 minutes of your video).

You didn't explain what you did, why you did it, or even actually code anything.

I dislike this tutorial for the aforementioned reasons. It doesn't reflect much dedication to your cause and could mislead others who are new to Bukkit. http://wiki.bukkit.org/Plugin_tutorial (the wiki) offers imo a better tutorial.

4. Offline

Ambamore2000

AoH_Ruthless
    Yes, I do know that TheBCBroz isn't at all good, but if you actually understand what he is doing, and try to do it before watching the video, then it will be known in your mind. He is only teaching small things, like... 'How to Double Jump', which was easy in my mind before he even did it. Also, this is the first episode. I really couldn't talk alpt, because my neck hurted.

5. Offline

CandyCranium

Ambamore2000
    I'll tell you this: When I was trying to learn how to code plugins, I heard of TheBCBroz. I decided to watch his vids, and maybe learn something. Boy, was I wrong. Back then, I had no absolute idea of what he was doing. All he would do is write some lines of code, then barely explain how everything works and what everything means. Very different from PogoStick29Dev and thenewboston's teaching style, and a whole lot better at that.

AoH_Ruthless likes this.
  6. Offline

Ambamore2000

CandyCranium
    That is why I watched AppljuzeProgramming before TheBCBroz. ^.^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.