Trouble with PEX and Essentials

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by PoochieMoo, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PoochieMoo

Hello! I have been having some serious trouble with these two plugins. I made a permissions file, and I even checked that it was made correctly. I then got Essentials to base the permissions off of. But, whenever I chat, it prefixes my name correctly, but my username is red instead of the purple it should be. Also, whenever I change myself to player, (the lowest rank) my username is not prefixed at ALL, and my username is still red. Also, when I am player, I can do things that I didn't write the permission nodes for in the player section, like changing gamemodes. I'm pretty new at all this server stuff, so can someone please help me out?

2. Offline

oceantheskatr

Stop your server.
    Start your server.
    When it's fully started, stop it again.
    Go in to your server files.
    Go to the logs folder.
    Open the file called latest.log.
    Copy and paste the contents at http://pastebin.com/.
    Post it there and then link the URL here.

Post your permissions.yml file on Pastebin and link that here, too.

3. Offline

PoochieMoo

Thanks, I think I can do that tomorrow because Im not free today. So, I'll probably have the links on by tommorow sometime

4. Offline

oceantheskatr

Okay sounds good.

5. Offline

PoochieMoo

6. Offline

oceantheskatr

Based on your permissions file the "player" group doesn't have anything out of the ordinary except you NEED to change essentials.signs.* to essentials.signs.use.*. Right now your default group can create signs! This is bad! I could go on your server and create a sign that sells 64 diamond blocks for $1 and buys diamond blocks for $999999.

7. Offline

PoochieMoo

Thanks for the input, but do you have any clue why all of the other stuff I said in the previous post is happening?

8. Offline

oceantheskatr

9. Offline

PoochieMoo

Alright, I'll try that. Also, how come "player" can do /eco and /gamemode?

And also, how do I make it so they cannot build or break blocks? Also, why would the prefix for "player" not come up? Would that be fixed with ChatEX too?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  10. Offline

oceantheskatr

I haven't any idea while the prefix for player wouldn't come up. Try removing PEXPrefixes, too. I have no clue what that plugin is but you probably don't need it. Do you have any other plugins that you can set permissions with? Also, players can make a "gamemode" sign and switch to creative with that.

11. Offline

PoochieMoo

I did use AdminEssentials, but I had worse luck with that than I did with essentials. And, I don't want players to be able to use /gamemode, or build. What are the permission nodes for those two? P.S., essentials.gamemode didn't do anything-they can still change game mode. Same with /eco

12. Offline

oceantheskatr

13. Offline

PoochieMoo

Everything works flawlessly! The only problem: 'Player' is still not prefixed, but the rest are. Any ideas?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  14. Offline

oceantheskatr

Can you give me a fresh Pastebin of permissions.yml file?

15. Offline

PoochieMoo

Here is the fresh paste:
    http://pastebin.com/UBt5s0Qh
    Two more questions: 1: I am using Multiverse, and whenever I travel to one of my different worlds, I am still labeled as owner, but I can't place or destroy blocks
    2: I cannot make signs for the economy. I format the sign like this:
    [Buy]
    dirt
    $10
    But nothing happens.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  16. Offline

oceantheskatr

Add two spaces infront of "prefix" for Player so that it's in-line with "rank". Make sure that in your Essentials config you remove the number sign (#) from infront of the signs you want to be able to use in game. Multiverse, make sure that your permissions are being applied to that world.

17. Offline

PoochieMoo

How do I make permissions applied to the worlds? Also, when I went into my essentials config, I didn't see where to remove number signs. Here is a paste of the config: can you tell me where it is? http://pastebin.com/s5V6n4ek

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  18. Offline

oceantheskatr

You can CTRL + F in your file to find "enabledSigns:". It's on line 313. As for worlds permissions, I'm not completely sure how to do that for PermissionsEx :(

19. Offline

PoochieMoo

Alright, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.