Trouble with minecarts & etc.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Numerials, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Numerials

I've been google searching for a few days, building workarounds, etc. but now I'm fed up with these darn bugs and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm not sure if these bugs are minecraft server in general or specifically bukkit but I've found no threads anywhere of anyone else having similar problems.

Using minecraft 1.2.5 with bukkit 1.2.5-R4.0
    no mods no plugins (for testing purposes)

Major issue: i'm having and need a fix for: Minecarts. When exiting a minecart the player's direction is angled randomly. Most of the time directly upwards. This is breaking my cart hopping constructions (that I cannot play without) however sometimes (randomly) this bug DOESN'T occur. In singleplayer however after exiting a minecart (and entering another) my direction facing stays whatever I was previously facing (as expected)

2nd issue: Boats glitch like all hell (thus forcing me to make minecarts for minecart hopping instead of the renewable cheap boat hopping) upon exiting a boat the player gets trapped in the air and keeps falling then lagging/glitching upwards to fall yet again. Even when boats are placed in water this bug continues.

3rd issue: Fishing. Can't be done. As soon as I (or other players) see the fishing bob up and down AND/OR hear the splash noise, lag has caused it to be too late to reel in a fish. Also on the VERY rare chance I CAN catch a fish, it enters my inventory then when i left click on it, it disappears.

4th issue: When a player falls down a waterdrop (water at 3 squares above bottom) they die. In singleplayer, they take no damage at all. When placing 2 sets of water (air air air *water* air air air *water*) they still take 4 hearts of damage. Yet again, in singleplayer a single water drop causes zero damage no matter the height dropped from.

TL;DR
    1. minecarts change direction player is facing instead of leaving direction the same.
    2. boats are glitchy, nobody seems to acknowledge this.
    3. lag makes fishing impossible
    4. Water drops cause death

Any response specifically help is GREATLY appreciated.

[Reserved]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  2. Offline

HollowCube

All that it sounds like is that your server is lagging... you could try increasing the amount of RAM dedicated to your server.

3. Offline

Numerials

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.