Trouble with MC Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by jsebean, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

jsebean

So lately when users join my Minecraft server all is good, but as soon as they go to a certain area on the server (near a building someone built) it locks up your computer. The only way to fix it is to delete the player .dat file, and as soon as they go back to the same area it happens again.

It does this for every single player.

Any idea's what's going on? Aside from that the rest of the server works. I've even disabled all plugins it still does the same thing. Running bukkit 1.0.1-R1

2. Offline

pyraetos

What is the error the person gets in Minecraft when he disconnects, and what sort of message do you get in the server Console? i.e., disconnect.quitting, disconnect.endOfStream, or disconnect.overflow

3. Offline

jsebean

They player doesn't get any message, it just freezes until you stop the server and wait a while or terminate the process of the mincraft client.

Usually disconnect.endOfStream in the server log.

4. Offline

pyraetos

I would say it's a corrupt world area. You may be able to salvage it with MCedit, but the worst case scenario is that you'll have to determine (with a plugin like WorldEdit //chunkinfo) what MC region the bad area is in, and delete it in your world folder.

5. Offline

jsebean

I had that in mind I was trying to avoid that thought haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.