Trim your world

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by sukosevato, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Offline

sukosevato

Hey all. I would like to request a plugin or a tool. It's not really a plugin. Not sure if this is the right place.

When I started out my server I didn't know much about minecraft and people were allowed to do what ever the hell they wanted. Because of that people went on huge trips exploring all over the world. Which ended me with a rather big map. When more and more people joined I started realizing that an unlimited map isn't really a good idea. So i added Worldguard to the plugins and set the limit at 1000 blocks in all directions. The thing is that even though the world is limited now. We still have a lot of explored stuff that is being back-up'ed each time. The world is about 3x larger then necessary.

I was wondering if someone could make a tool that would cut off everything behind a specified radius.
    So that I could cut off all chunk's that are behind the world guard radius. Greatly reducing the size of my world.

I have been googling around and noticed there was a tool for this, i could how ever not get it to work (tool was 3 months out dated and not kept up to date) And the topic about the tool has been removed. So I can't link you guys to it. I did how ever still have the file on my computer. So i zipped the .jar and attached it to this topic. (Maybe you can use something of the code in it)

Hopefully it is also possible to define the coordinate from where on it has to work. Since the spawn in our world is not x: 0, z: 0. But x: -415, z: 226. How ever if this is not possible the 0, 0 would be good too since then i'd just specify a slightly bigger radius and still cut off most of the not used land.

I hope you guys can write this tool so I can greatly reduce the size of my world.

Thank you to anyone willing to spend their time on this.

Robert

Attached Files:

2. Offline

mtgeekman

I would like to second this. I have a long stretch of land that I would like to remove to with in my BorderGuard limit.

3. Offline

sukosevato

Not much response :(

4. Offline

Nopants

This is not the most comfortable way to trim a world, but it could work:
    1. Backup your world (!)
    2. Make a map of your world with "Cartograph"
    3. Try to delete some of the files in the dir "region" that contain very big positive or very small negative numbers
    4. Make a map again and check what is missing
    5. Repeat

5. Offline

nickrak

I can make a tool for this, I'll post it either tomorrow night or this weekend.

6. Offline

sukosevato

Yea I thought of that way too Nopants. But it's not the most elegant way to do :p

Thank you for wanting to make a tool like this Nickrak!

I appreciate it!

7. Offline

nickrak

8. Offline

sukosevato

Thanks a lot man! This topic can be closed / deleted.