TranslateChat

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Dr_Lobster_face, Nov 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dr_Lobster_face

Plugin category: Chat Related

Minecraft version: 1.11.2

Suggested name: TranslateChat

What I want:
    A plugin that automatically detects a user's language and translates their messages to English for all users except themselves. I know plugins like this already exist but most of them are abandoned/don't work

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: translate.exempt - If they have this permission messages will not be translated

When I'd like it by: Within the week or two

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Dr_Lobster_face Do you have a translation API? One that can be used without call limit?

3. @Dr_Lobster_face I am almost done. Do you really need the player themselves to not see their message translated? It would be a lot less work to just modify the message, which will cause everyone (including the sender) to see the translation. Also, there will be minor lagg in the sending of messages because of the way I am translating.

4. Offline

What are you using for translating everything?

5. Offline

6. @timtower hmm.. yes it does. I think I might have to pass this one until I can find a free translator that is acceptable (which probably doesn't exist)

7. Offline

We had a similar conversation a while back for a similar request. No decent service exists.

8. Offline

johnny boy

what is the rate limit on the api? just wondering.

9. Offline

Dr_Lobster_face

Sorry I've not been active for a while.
    Yes, it would be ideal if the player could see their message in the original langauge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.