Inactive [TP] Transporter v7.2 - Teleportation between gates, worlds, and servers [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by frdfsnlght, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

frdfsnlght

Transporter - Teleportation between gates, worlds, and servers

This support thread is no longer active. Please visit the project's new site on BukkitDev:

Version: 7.2

Make sure to read the Release7 wiki page for important information before you upgrade from v6!

For the absolute latest information about the plugin, including source, see the Google project site.

Thanks goes to Raphfrk, whose Server Port plugin served as inspiration.

If you like this plugin, please consider donating.​
    donate.png

Features:
    • Teleport between gates in the same world
    • Teleport between gates in different worlds (multiworld support)
    • Teleport between gates on different servers (includes client patcher)
    • Teleports minecarts and boats, with or without a player
    • Server to server chat based on gate proximity
    • Inventory and health transfer (including storage minecarts)
    • Includes client patcher for automatically reconnecting clients
    • No need for client patcher if you're running the BukkitContrib or Spout client
    • Supports server proxies like CraftProxy (v6.9)
    • World creation/loading/unloading (v6.9)
    • Built-in command help
    • Extreme gate design possibilities, including 3D and horizontal
    • Supports gate access using player specific PINs
    • Item banning and transmutation
    • Built-in simple permissions system
    • Permissions plugin integration (preferred)
    • PermissionsEx plugin integration (preferred)
    • iConomy plugin integration
    • BOSEconomy plugin integration
    • Dynmap integration
    • Minecraft-Overviewer integration
    • and more to come...
    Links:
    Changelog:
    v7.2
    • Added client patching for client 1.8.1 (1.8.0 was skipped).
    • Supports RB 1185.
    • Can now remove bad gate links (issue 35).
    • Changed world loading to be delayed after server start.
    • Minor tweaks here and there.
    v7.1
    • Fixed Dynmap integration; requires Dynamp v0.22 or above.
    • Added more customizable gate messages.
    • Now enforces gate permissions on player interactions.
    • New permission `trp.gate.changeLink.<gate>` to limit ability to change gate's current link.
    • Fixed gates not saving to disk properly.
    Changelog for Older versions (open)

v7.0
    • Working with CB RB 1060
    • Too many things to list here. See the Release7 wiki page for IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE UPGRADING.
    v6.10
    • Working with CB RB 1000
    • Utilizes latest CraftProxy redirect detection so no more need for the craftProxy config setting
    • Compatible with BukkitContrib for client side redirects, so no need for the client patcher if you already have BukkitContrib client side installed
    • Tightened up network protocol handshaking
    • Server to server keepalives with automatic reconnection
    • Prevention of stationary liquids used for portal blocks from flowing under certain circumstances
    • Config setting for custom inter-server chat message formatting
    • Elimination of the minecraftAddress config setting; now it's done on a per-server basis as an additional argument to the "trp server add ..." command; this will almost certainly require you to change your existing server connections, but there are some sensible assumptions made that may allow many setups to "just work"
    • Automatic conversion of servers.yml into the main config
    • New debug command to submit debugging data to my web server so I can review it if necessary
    • Fixed "trp world go ..." command
    v6.9

• Added world commands.
    • Added gate destroy command.
    • Added CraftProxy support.
    • Change semantics of minecraftAddress global setting.
    v6.8

• Updated client patcher for MC 1.7.3.
    • Fixed client/server errors when teleporting in CB 953.
    v6.7

• Updated client patcher for MC 1.7.2, CB 953.
    v6.6

• Autoloads worlds linked to from local gates.
    v6.5

• Fixed client patcher. If you've patched the client with a previous version, you must reapply the patch.
    v6.4

v6.3

• Added client patcher.
    • Changed client reconnect kick messgaes - now requires new client patcher.
    v6.2

• Tweaked spawn position when exiting gates.
    • Removed debugging code.
    • Added "Booth" and "Small" gate designs.
    v6.1

• Fixed problem of network not shutting down properly.
    • Fixed minecarts going server-to-server.
    v6

• First publicly available release.
    v1-v5

• Never saw the light of day.

vrox, Hwo, wassilij and 1 other person like this.
  2. Offline

AlsoKnownAsJazz

All righty, I've read through all the support docs, and searched this thread for "facing", and read all those posts. Either I'm under-caffeinated, or maybe what I'm trying to do isn't possible at the moment. I don't want to create a new gate design, I'm ok with the existing ones. I just want to change the players' orientation when he comes out of the gate. I.e. /trp set gate "Gate1" facing NORTH

Is that possible? I know it's based on the direction the player is facing when the gate is created, but I want a gate at the end of a hallway, i.e. up against a wall, so I want the sign facing out the same way the player will walk out.

3. Offline

frdfsnlght

There's no command to change the facing; it's a property of all the "spawn" blocks in the design used to create the gate and can be different for various parts of the same gate. Since you don't want to create a custom design (which is the normal way to do what you want), you have to edit a gate file directly. So, build and create the gate like normal, then shut down the server. Go into the appropriate world's folder, into the Transporter/gates folder, and find the file that corresponds to your new gate. Ignore the file names, just look at the "name" parameter in each file until you find the gate you want. Then, find the "blockKey" section of the file, and the blocks that have a "spawn" parameter. Change the "spawn" parameter to "SOUTH" (or whatever you want, but be sure you understand how the value works). Save the file, start the server and try it out.

Keep in mind, there may be a bug in the plugin that doesn't always result in you coming out the gate in the direction you should, so if it's not working, don't get frustrated.

4. Offline

will this work with Spout? if not, please update ... Spout is the successor to BukkitContrib

5. Offline

frdfsnlght

Haven't tried it yet. It's not up to me to make it work. As long as Spout inherited the same behavior when receiving the kick/redirect message from BukkitContrib, it should work.

6. Offline

Well if you want the BukkitContrib features to continue to work, it is. It's your plugin, they're not going to change Spout to fit it. When someone changes the lock, you can either change the key or get locked out. :p

7. Offline

frdfsnlght

You misunderstand. There's nothing in my code that's specific to BukkitContrib or Spout. There was a feature added to BukkitContrib a while ago to make it respond to the special kick message issued by both my plugin and ServerPort. As long as that feature was brought over to Spout, it should just work. There's nothing I can do in my plugin to "make it work" with Spout because it's a feature of spout that either works or doesn't.

If Spout doesn't respond to the message, then I (or anyone, really) can request they add the feature to Spout, but that's all I can really do.

8. Offline

gotcha!

9. Offline

Apophis3d

can not get my gates to work can you confirm i am setting my signs right

first sign

Haven
    server2
    world
    duckcraft

sign 2

duckcraft
    server1
    duck_isle
    Haven

does the plugin not allow an _ ?

also this mod does not play nice with stargate does it? it seems to override the scripting on signs when i try to setup gates..

10. Offline

frdfsnlght

The underscore is not a problem. The way you have the signs setup looks OK, but implies you're doing server-to-server. So I have to ask, are the servers connected properly? What does the output of "trp server list" look like on both servers? If the servers aren't connected, you won't be able to link gates between them. Assuming the servers are connected, what does the output of "trp gate list" look like on both servers?

I've never tried the plugin with Stargate, but it wouldn't surprise me it doesn't play nice; both plugins are trying to do the same thing (but I think mine is better :), so why use anything else?).

11. Offline

Apophis3d

I got the gates to talk and they work fine but I had to manually do it though the commands and I had to add --Haven-- which i think is stargates trying to push its code in?

The one feature I liked about the stargates mod is it works off a network system. Your second line is the network all the gates are on so it gives a quick way to connect more than one gate to a network without the use of console commands. Then you have to press the button to turn the gate on and it deactivates after you go though.

Your mod also gave me an issue because its using water I went into a portal loop and could not stop it till i shut down one of the servers.

12. Offline

frdfsnlght

I don't know how Stargate might be interfering with Transporter.

That is a nice feature. I wouldn't having something like that in Transporter but I haven't given it any thought.

Some other users have reported loops too, but I've never been able to reproduce them. I don't think it has anything to do with the water though. I just recently fixed a bug in the code for the upcoming v7.0 release that might lead to a loop under some circumstances, so maybe that will be fixed soon.

13. Offline

Apophis3d

I think the loop has something to do when you make a splash in the water, soon as that goes off it sends some kind of hit detection to the water. Which then sends that to transporter and makes you port. It is odd indeed.

14. Offline

AlsoKnownAsJazz

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I'd read through the spawn documentation section, but missed the part on where to actually affect a change on the spawn variable(s) for my gates. If creating new gate designs was part of the intent I can explore that too - I assumed gate design was just about the physical structure/look of the gate.

Thanks again, excellent plugin, dude!

15. Offline

squeezer

does the plugin prevent teleporting users without spoutcraft client to a server using spout?

16. Offline

frdfsnlght

The plugin has no knowledge of Spout or SpoutCraft so can't tell when they're installed or not. To teleport to another server, the plugin sends a kick message with a new server address in the the message. If there's no proxy between the server and the client, the client has to be patched with either my patcher or BukkitContrib (or maybe SpoutCraft, haven't tried it yet) to automatically handle the reconnect, otherwise you have to manually reconnect to the new server.

17. Offline

Lord_Crusher

Really loving the inter server part of this plugin. I only have 1 problem:
    When my friend's server is offline, my console gets spammed with attempts to connect to his server. It's really annoying because i can't see most of the console when this is going on. Is there any way to either stop either the messages being sent to the console or for them to be at least reduced?

18. Offline

frdfsnlght

By default, you should only get a couple of messages per minute. That's too much? Or did you crank the reconnect interval down? I could add a setting to suppress those messages, but I find it useful to know what's going on. What are you doing on the console that requires a clear screen? If it's just temporary, you can disable the unconnected server and re-enable it when you're done.

19. Offline

croxis

FYI Spoutcraft does work with seamless server-server portals with this plugin

20. Offline

frdfsnlght

Thanks for the info. I've updated the wiki and main post.

21. Offline

Lord_Crusher

I use minecraft mobile admin to check the console logs whilst i'm at work during the day and it if my friend's server (which is only on a small amount unlike my own) is offline, it clogs up the console. It would be nice if there was a way of suppressing the messages after say 5 attempts at connecting and then a message maybe every half hour. I've never even attempted to code java so i don't know how difficult that would be to implement.

I'll have a look at the reconnect interview when i get a few minutes this weekend and check that i didn't do anything stupid.

22. Offline

frdfsnlght

That would be a reasonable feature to have. I've added it as a feature request.

23. The plugin works fine, but is there a way to change the water into portal ( the purple thing, like in normal minecraft when you travel to the nether ;)) ? I've searched your wiki and this thread but found nothing.

PS: sorry for my bad english :D

24. Offline

frdfsnlght

You need to alter the gate design. Either change one of the design files and build a new gate, or change an existing gate file. See the GateDesign page for details. You need to change the "open" block in the "blockKey" sections.

But, in my experience, using portal blocks doesn't work as intended. MC treats those blocks specially and they usually don't align properly, or they disappear, or other weird things happen. Also, their presence turns them into"normal" portals to the nether. That's why none of the default designs uses them. I would love to be able to use them (because they look cool) but haven't figured out how to make them behave.

I'm curious, what's the problem with water? Is it just a looks thing? Or do you think it's causing a problem?

25. Offline

Lord_Crusher

Yay! Hopefully it's relatively straight forward to program in.

26. Offline

Kalexer

Works fine so far, but whenever I create an nether world and establish the connection between two gates to the mainworld, the netherworld gets re-spawned on server restart to an normal world...What to do?

27. Offline

h4x0r

this plugin is for people with IQ 200+ :) LOW!!!!! too much things to have knwo i want a portal from world to world1 and it canot be make... your tutorials is nothing they dont say anithing... plugin ratin 0/10!! and its final... not much... you make videotutorial only fot gate to gate.... you are lazy!!!

28. Offline

AgentKid

Having issues connecting two servers:
    First server (FCServerE):
    Code:
    trp server add FCServerA localhost:25555 ************* fusioncraft.org:26565
    01:55:52 [INFO] [Transporter] saved configuration
    01:55:52 [INFO] [Transporter] added server 'FCServerA'
    01:55:56 [INFO] [Transporter] connected to 'FCServerA' (127.0.0.1:25555), running v6.10
    01:55:56 [WARNING] [Transporter] exception while processing message from 127.0.0.1:25555: String index out of range: 0
    01:55:56 [INFO] [Transporter] disconnected from 'FCServerA' (127.0.0.1:25555)
    01:55:56 [INFO] [Transporter] will attempt to reconnect to 'FCServerA' in about 66 seconds
    Second server (FCServerA):
    Code:
    01:55:56 [INFO] [Transporter] accepted a connection from 127.0.0.1/39535
    01:55:56 [INFO] [Transporter] server key match detected for 'FCServerE' on connection with 127.0.0.1/39535
    01:55:56 [INFO] [Transporter] cancelling outbound connection attempt to server 'FCServerE'
    01:55:56 [INFO] [Transporter] connected to 'FCServerE' (127.0.0.1/39535), running v6.10
    01:55:56 [INFO] [Transporter] received gates from 'FCServerE'
    01:55:56 [INFO] [Transporter] disconnected from 'FCServerE' (127.0.0.1/39535)
    01:55:56 [INFO] [Transporter] will attempt to reconnect to 'FCServerE' in about 60 seconds

29. Offline

frdfsnlght

That sounds like a problem related to the fact CraftBukkit doesn't provide a real "loadWorld" method. I won't get into the details, but it sounds like I'll have to beef up the world handling I'm doing. I was trying to avoid that since it's a bit out of scope for the plugin, but my hand is being forced.

Some people have received the "String index out of range" error, but I haven't been able to reproduce.

I've added some code to the next version to include stack traces for these types of errors. That will allow me to better understand what's going on.

But for now, given the log messages you provided (thanks!), what's the "trp gate list" command show you on FCServerA? The logs indicate the FCServerE never got the list of gates from "A", so maybe that's where the error is occurring.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  30. Offline

Kalexer

I'm running two worlds, connected by your very useful and simply awesome plugin, they work very fine, it's only the 3rd world having these issues, hope you or craftbukkit will fix it soon, my players want to travel the nether.

31. Offline

Arschkrampi

Hi. I'm having problems with the boat-gate. All other gates work, but when I create a boatgate and put a sign on it, I never get a "gate created" confirmation. What could be the problem? I tried all 4 signs on the gate. I even tried editing the gate, but it didn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.