[TP] Round World v6 - teleports players who go off the edge [766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Raphfrk, May 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Raphfrk

RoundWorld - Round World
    Version: v2

This plugin creates a virtual round world. If a player moves off the E/W edge, it is teleported to the other side of the map.

If the player walks off the N edge, the player will be teleported so that they are facing S and at the opposite side of the N edge (and similar for the S edge).

It doesn't do any map changes so, the edges aren't blended together.

Features:
    • Players are teleported if they go off the edge
    Download
    Download

Setup
    The only setup is to edit the /plugins/roundworld/roundworld.txt file and world_sizes.txt.

You should set a size in the world_sizes.txt file for all worlds that you want to have a border.

Change Log
    Version 1
    • Initial version
    Version 2
    • Added support for multiple worlds
    • Added a "fake-block" border
    Version 3
    • Fixed error in world size calculation
    Version 4/5
    • Added the ability to set the world centre
    • Added the ability to set the base height of the border
    • Removed code related to a pull request (so doesn't work, yet)
    Version 6
    • Filed null pointer exception if the world centre isn't set

thepackett, peaced and angus22397 like this.
  2. Offline

peaced

I get a constant "updat task fired" in game message, and some exception in the console
    Code:
    17:34:04 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to RoundWorld
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.raphfrk.bukkit.roundworld.RoundWorldPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(RoundWorldPlayerListener.java:76)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:285)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:302)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:377)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:292)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    17:34:05 [WARNING] Task of 'RoundWorld' generated an exception
            at com.raphfrk.bukkit.roundworld.RoundWorldPlayerListener$1.run(RoundWorldPlayerListener.java:142)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:138)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:365)
    17:34:05 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to RoundWorld
            at com.raphfrk.bukkit.roundworld.RoundWorldPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(RoundWorldPlayerListener.java:76)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:285)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:302)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:377)

3. Offline

Raphfrk

Should work now, but I thought I fixed that update task spam issue with version 5.

4. Offline

peaced

Much better thanks a lot.

We still had one casualty from suffocation, after being teleported inside a block tho.
    We could not reproduce the deadly event a second time.

5. Offline

Raphfrk

Well, it is supposed to move the players up to the nearest safe spot. Maybe it found 1 free block, and isn't properly checking for 2 spaces.

6. Offline

Goliathe

Is it possible to make this teleporting on different world ?
    For exemple, if the player walks off the N edge of world 1, the player will be teleported so that they are facing S of the world 2 etc...

7. Offline

Tulips

um...... does anyone know the length of a world???? cus it seems like it lasts forever lol

8. Offline

subanoomic

It would be nice if it was possible to get ported out of the RoundWorld.

9. Offline

matthayez011

please update this :D

10. Offline

Raphfrk

Is it not working with 818?

11. Offline

matthayez011

it says its 766

12. Offline

Raphfrk

That just means that it was tested on 766. In most cases, plugins should work with later versions of Bukkit.

13. Offline

ravyn

Will this allow players to be ported outside of the 'border? I would like to use this to limit the player area, but create 'other areas outside of that border and have those areas accessible by a warp gate. Would this be possible?

14. Offline

QChronoD

Awesome plugin, exactly what I was looking for, just one little problem.
    I'm running a server with the Earth map, and if I go off the edge of the world to the West, I reappear on the west side of the world, but at the opposite "lattitude" (i.e same z, negative x). Instead I should be at the same x with the opposite z. I hope there is an easy way to correct this.

15. has anyone tested this on CB 953 (+) ? Just curious. I'm doing an update check. (i'll try to post if i try it.... and if i remember to post here XD )

16. Offline

Pim1234

could it be possible that, instead of a ring of portal just the end of the world?

would be awesome!

17. Offline

bubbarush

when i downloaded it, there was no jar file, so it wont do anything on the server

18. Offline

Raphfrk

The download is the jar file, you could try downloading with a different browser.

I am not maintaining my plugins and this one was just something I did one evening.

19. Offline

Pim1234

i posted it october seventh :p
    can't even remember posting it xD

20. Offline

Raphfrk

Yeah, see how regularly I check these threads :p.

21. Offline

RedundantGaming

im gonna go test it on my 1.2.4 server lets see if it works (i doubt it)

22. Offline

md_5

Long time no see Raphfrk. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5