[TP] BackToBody v2.5 - Post-Death Teleport [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Valrix, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Cookies326

Is it possible to make it support BOSeconomy?

2. Offline

Valrix

Yeah....

In due time, yes. There are other, more important, things I'm trying to work on right now as well as managing my personal life.

3. Offline

Lolmewn

It's probally an error in-code. Valrix, I recommend making a public boolean which returns true if the player has payed, and otherwise false. If true, teleport. If not, player.sendMessage("You do not have enough money!");

4. Offline

Valrix

I'll take a look at the code. Once I get back to the dorm I'm gonna work on plugins. Yay for being released early on the first day!

5. Offline

freman

Trying to use BackToBody without permissions or currency of any kind...
    This happens after I die and use /btb

Code:
    12:08:37 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'btb' in plugin BackToBody v2.3
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:298)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:711)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:676)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:669)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijiko/permissions/PermissionHandler
            at com.sparkedia.valrix.BackToBody.BackToBody$1.onCommand(BackToBody.java:88)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
            ... 14 more

*sadface*

6. Offline

Valrix

Dang, I'll check on that too. Why must everything break at once?

7. Offline

freman

Because life would be too easy otherwise ;)

8. Offline

Valrix

True

9. Offline

harakiwi

anybody knows a working *TP to death location* plugin?

10. Offline

Valrix

This will work once I debug it. I'm sure it's just because a few methods were changed so it was broken.

11. Offline

harakiwi

hmmm, so there's no working death-tp-back-to-body ... okay, that's bad for my suicidal users

12. Offline

Valrix

Haha, I'm sure it is. But I'm working on figuring out the bug, which seems to be tied to permissions...even though I wasn't using Permissions on the test server. So I'm working on the code now to see what I messed up so I can get BackToBody working again. I know how many servers like having this kind of plugin available since dying in MC is like breathing in real life.

13. Offline

Valrix

I'm fixing up BackToBody, yesterday I was able to die and teleport back without error after patching up the /btb command which went a bit rogue for some reason. Now to fix up a few things and make sure it correctly charges the player before I push out the update.

14. Offline

_Hayleigh_

Works fine for me but only if the permission is in the correct permission group.

I want to set the /btb to only work when clicked by a command sign(ie: temporaily giving users the permission to use it at a specfiic place, on my server a church)

Even when the users permission is upgraded temporarily to the rank that can use /btb they still get the error as if they cannot use it.

15. Offline

Valrix

Since I'm not sure how the sign command plugin checks for Permissions, I'm not sure if it's a problem on my part or possibly theirs, but can you also clarify what the problem seems to be?

16. Offline

Cactus_Master

You should add support for BOSEconomy :D

17. Offline

Valrix

That's a planned feature :)

Cactus_Master likes this.
  18. Offline

Cactus_Master

Sweet! :D

19. Offline

harakiwi

Ok after the plugin is fiex and there are still some ppl dying i figured it out finally:
    I'm using the "tombstone" plugin and /btb still kills you if you died in a small cave or some 2 block high house.
    Is it possible to fix that? Because my guys need that tombstone thingy
    (so of them won't use chests and like to carry around every single worthy item they have -.- ... )
    Maybe it's possible to add some check if the target block is used or flooded by lava.
    The only weird thing is... it worked for over 200 bukkit builds with tombstone enabled and now it's hard to get back 2 your chest :p

20. Offline

Valrix

Ah, so it suffocates you because when you get moved back, you're put on top of the block(?). I've been planning to have BackToBody check around it to verify the player didn't die in Lava or something where it wouldn't be safe to go back to. The plan is to have it look around for the nearest "safe" block and mark that as the place to teleport the player back to. This will take a while since I have to account for the many ways a player can die if they're not moved to a "safe" location. Until then, I suggest telling your users to try not to die in very small caves :p or at all for that matter (as if that's gonna happen).

21. Offline

harakiwi

Yep, exactly what i told them ^^
    They can check their point of death (xyz) by pressing <F3>, then use /btb and if they die they have to find the shown coordinates. Should be kinda workaround for all the suicidal players out there.

thanks for your answer!
    BTB is a very nice plugin, don't wanna miss it :D

22. Offline

Valrix

Excellent. That sounds good.

No problem! BackToBody is one of my favorites to code since it's small and pretty basic when it comes down to functionality. The only things it needs are the ability to support different economies which may be easier if services are relatively easy to implement and economy plugins use it; as well as checking for the nearest "safe" block when a player dies and marking that as the spot to return to or to make the area safe for the player to return to.

23. Offline

topsub

A feature request is to make the /btb percent based on what you have in hand with iconomy?

24. Offline

Valrix

Not a bad idea, I'll play around with it and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion.

25. Offline

alfskan

multiworld support?

26. Offline

Valrix

That's something that'll be worked into a number of my plugins, I just need to find the best way of doing so. Luckily BTB should be easier than most of the other plugins.

27. Offline

Physikbuddha

Where can I download version 2.3 to get it working with Permissions 3.x?

EDIT: Well, forget that question - I don't think that the old version works with bukkit #1000

28. Offline

alfskan

I used PermissionEX. I gave backtobody.btb perm to player, but when player use /btb it said have no perm.:'(

29. Offline

harakiwi

okay ... we got the problem of /btb kills you in caves, but i died with /btb HERE
    [​IMG]
    it spawned me under the chest, not close to it or above ...

30. Offline

Valrix

Ahh, it's because BTB is trying to put your feet on top of the rock, but under the chest, so the chest is shoving you under it, thus killing you. I'm trying to think of what a good hotfix would be, just something really quick that'll at least keep players with the chest plugin from dying nearly every time they try to return. I'd like to add the safety check, but that would take more time than a simple hotfix. Stop dying! D: