[TP/ADMN/WGEN] TravelGates v1.10.18 - Teleportation System & Nether Portal Substitution [1.6.4-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Ghomerr, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Ghomerr

TravelGates - Teleportation System & Nether Portals Substitution

Latest version : v1.10.18

Downloads (BukkitDev)

TravelGates on Bukkit Dev !

Description:
    This plugin intends to set teleporting destinations where player can be teleported if she/he is standing on anonther destination. To split destinations as if they were on separated servers, player's inventory can be cleared. The player is facing the same direction, after being teleported, as the OP when the destination is created. The teleportation works through different worlds too. You can also use Nether Portals to be teleported. Just add a "TravelGates" Sign on the Nether Portal, facing the player's head. Teleportation blocks also allow you to be teleported around an existing destination. You can also manage additional worlds.

Plugin types: Teleportation, Administration tools, Worlds Management.

Info: all information to install, manage and use this plugin is on BukkitDev. Check the previous link.

More details for the teleportation system here.

A very well done and quite informative tutorial (installation and ingame usage) by ANDREJJGaming:

Good tutorial of the plugin (installation + ingame usage) by Minecrafter9842:

Tutorial of the plugin to learn how to use it by VariationVault:

Complete tutorial in Spanish by LastWishSpain

Complete tutorial in Portuguese by AbsintoJ

Watch the source code of TravelGates on GitHub.

DoomLord, Nickbenz and Valtn55 like this.
  2. Offline

Ghomerr

If you don't tell me what does not work, I couldn't help you :p

I suggest you to watch the tutorial of Minecrafter9842 in the first post, which explains how to basically make it work. The installation part of the video does not explain all things to do, but it's enough to begin with.

You should find the complete installation guide in the part "How to setup this plugin from scratch" on the main page of the plugin BukkitDev page, here : http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/travelgates/

I hope this will help you.

3. Offline

Ghomerr

The version 2 has not really progressed. I had a break in the development to do other things (minecraft building projects, new games as Diablo 3 and Guild Wars, and so on...)

I hope to continue soon with new ideas ! I don't forget it.

4. Offline

Ghomerr

version 1.10.8 (2012-06-17):
    • Support RB 1.2.5-R4.0
    I'm gonna continue the version 2 during the next weeks.
    I have a full list of things to add or to modify, so please keep on being patient.I will introduce new "cool" features :)

Thank you for using my plugin ! (over 13k of downloads on bukkit only for the last version !)

5. Offline

geo044

Hey,

I love your plugin but i encountered A BIG problem here is the error:

23:56:10 [INFO] [TRAVELGATES] Clear all inventory configuration set to : false
    23:56:10 [INFO] [TRAVELGATES] Autosave configuration set to : false
    23:56:10 [INFO] [TRAVELGATES] TP Block configuration set to : disabled
    23:56:10 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling TravelGates v1.10.8 [1.2.5-R
    (Is it up to date?)
    java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.HashMap$KeyIterator.next(Unknown Source)
    at com.ghomerr.travelgates.TravelGates.loadAdditionalWorld(TravelGates)
    ava:2708)
    at com.ghomerr.travelgates.TravelGates.onEnable(TravelGates.java:125
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLo
    .java:337)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginMa
    r.java:381)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:25
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java
    )
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:552)
    at org.bukkit.Bukkit.reload(Bukkit.java:182)
    at org.bukkit.command.defaults.ReloadCommand.execute(ReloadCommand.j
    22)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.jav
    6)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.ja
    79)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchServerCommand(CraftSer
    java:475)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:612)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:581)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:459
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

sorry my cmd cuts off some of it but i hope it will suffice and thanks
    this seems to happen when i change the config file and i cant change it back so i have reinstall travel gates and then it works but i cant use the nether portal which i suppose is ok and i cant teleport between worlds so :(. i use Sidekick(http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...ands-you-need-with-a-server-1-2-5-r3-0.35580/) to generate my worlds. so idk.D:

6. Offline

Ghomerr

Hi ! I think I know why you get this error.

Could you try to use the "worlds" configuration again and enable the debug mode when you load the server? Then, paste the logs here again.

By the way, you can empty this field (or delete it from the configuration file) if you don't want my plugin to manage additional worlds.

This configuration is used to load new worlds. If you have another plugin which does that, you can just omit this configuration, because these worlds will be managed and loaded by the other plugin. If you have no plugin to manage them, this configuration can be used to do it simply.

But your problem seems to be a "code" problem. I will check it and if it is bug, I will release a little fix soon (perhaps today, because it seems to be a little problem, fast to fix)

Well, this is fixed:
    Version 1.10.9 (2012-06-20):
    • Fix a concurrency issue with additional worlds management
    I've been able to reproduce the part of the code I suspected to make this error, and then, I fixed it. So you won't see this error anymore :)
    I will pay attention to this issue in the version 2 (This bug was in the version 2 too !)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  7. Offline

IsaiahRobichaud

Plugin sucks!

You should be able to make the old portals atleast they work! The TUTORIAL SUCKS BTW

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  8. Offline

Ghomerr

Old portals work. Just put the sign in the "off" state.

Go complain to the author of the tutorial if you don't like it.

Every body here who had a problem has been treated with consideration and respect. So if you have some trouble, just ask. Please be adult and don't rage like a baby.

9. Offline

Ghomerr

Well, someone (VariationVault) has done a new tutorial video to explain simply how to use this plugin.

Thank you !

News about version2: still developping it. I've taken time to remake the configuration system to be more convenient and user friendly.

10. Offline

Gothum1121

Hi, I downloaded this plugin today and everything was working fine. But, I have an issue when making the portals, after i /tg add (location) get that all set up and saved I put the sign up put the information in and I get an error if I right click it saying "You Can't go to (location) from here". Also, adding the lever and flipping it between "on" and "off" nothing on the sign changes at all. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I even read/watched tutorials and I do exactly the same thing and I still have this problem/

If you can help, please. This seems like a very useful plugin I'd like to add to my server. Thank you.

11. Offline

Ghomerr

Hi,

Well, check your configuration file. I think that most of people don't modify it and by default the portal feature is disabled. (teleportwithportal=false) It contains the lever-sign activation.

When you use the "click" mode teleportation, you have to stand on an existing destination. For example, if you have a sign "[TG] Dest1", to go there, you will have to stand on another destination, like "dest2".

That's how this plugin work.

Tell me if it helped you !

12. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.10.10 (2012-08-08):
    • Support RB 1.3.1-R1.0

13. Offline

jafferson345

14. Offline

Ghomerr

If you speak Spanish, feel free to enjoy this video made by LastWishSpain:

15. Offline

ebank36

ya see the thing is is that i installed this mod on my bukkit server 1.3 R1 and the teleporting works with the signs but not with the gates the lever to turn it on and off also does not work help plz

16. Offline

Ghomerr

Please check if you have enabled the teleportwithportal configuration. (this parameter should be set to "true").

This is the only reason I see.

If this is already enabled, please provide some server logs with the debug mode enabled to let me find out what happened exactly.

17. Offline

gallexme

u need an german tutorial video?

18. Offline

Ghomerr

If you have one, sure.

This plugin is designed to be multi-langual, so, be free to make your video in your own language. I will add it to the plugin presentation.

19. Offline

Ghomerr

I've finally managed to make my GitHub connection work again ! I had broken it when I tried to add another repository.

Now, you can follow the developments on GitHub: https://github.com/Ghomerr/TravelGates

20. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.10.11 (2012-12-24):
    • Support Dev Build 1.4.6-R0.2

21. Offline

Ghomerr

This version introduce a new configuration and new messages. Do not forget to update your messages file. This configuration needs a new permission node if you use permissions. All information is on Bukkit Dev.

version 1.10.12 (2013-02-11):
    • Support RB 1.4.7-R1.0
    • Added a new configuration parameter (protect admin inventory when clear inventory is enabled) (messages update needed)
    • Fixed some teleportation issue on destionation detection.

22. Offline

Ghomerr

The plugin has been tested with the latest version of the Bukkit Dev Build (craftbukkit-1.5.1-R0.1-20130326.111705-23.jar) and it worked. I will update it when the recommanded build will be released. If you encounter any problems before, please report it here with enough explanations or open a ticket on Bukkit Dev.

FYI, version 2 is still in progress. I hope nobody else is expected it to be finished as much as me ;)

23. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.10.13 (2013-04-08):
    • Support Dev Build 1.5.1-R0.2
    I'm still working on the v2.

24. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.10.14 (2013-04-17):
    • Fix bug from ticket#18: command /tg tpblock may crash
    • Make the portal teleportation use the main teleport method
    • Fix a bug for destinations on additional worlds where their locations are not linked to a loaded world (load methods order issue)
    (Tested through CB 1.5.1-R0.3)

25. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.10.15 (2013-05-02):
    • Support DevBuild 1.5.2-R0.1
    • Fix a regression due to the previous fix about additional worlds (variable instanciation issue)
    • Better plugin loading management
    • Plugin is loaded post world now
    • Fix location issue for negative coordinates regarding portal teleportation
    Some people have encountered portal teleportation issue where they were not sent to the destination but to the Nether instead. I have improved the teleportation procedure, especially when dealing with negative coordinates, so it should work better now. I would keep this in mind for the version 2 !

By the way, I have noticed that if you add additional worlds with my plugin, the Nether portals of these worlds won't send you to their respective Nether worlds. They won't do anything (even if my plugin told you the contrary !). If you need it, you can use the plugin to send you to the regular Nether world or by making new Nether worlds and use TravelGates portals to send you there.

26. Offline

Ghomerr

New video tutorial by AbsintoJ in Portuguese:

Thanks ;)

27. niiccce workks gewd C :

Ghomerr likes this.
  28. Offline

Ghomerr

Thanks guys ! It's great to see that this plugin is appreciated :)

However, I'm going to move from my current house to a new one and I will be completely offline during an undefined time... without Internet :(

I don't forget to make the version 2 progress ! It's currently hard to work on it as my other plugin LinkedChest should be updated too for some reasons.

29. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 1.10.16 (2013-06-30):
    • Support Recommanded Build 1.5.2-R1.0
    • Fix portal bug when tpblock is disabled

30. Offline

Ghomerr

Hey, check this last tutorial that ANDREJJGaming has sent me :

This is really clear about how to install the plugin and how to use the basic features !

31. Offline

Finelarme3

Hi guys,

Thanks for your plugin. I'd like to know, is it possible to replace the name [tg] on the sign by other word ?

Because "tg" in french means = "shut up" :(.