[TP/ADMN/WGEN] TravelGates v1.10.18 - Teleportation System & Nether Portal Substitution [1.6.4-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Ghomerr, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Ghomerr

TravelGates - Teleportation System & Nether Portals Substitution

Latest version : v1.10.18

Downloads (BukkitDev)

TravelGates on Bukkit Dev !

Description:
    This plugin intends to set teleporting destinations where player can be teleported if she/he is standing on anonther destination. To split destinations as if they were on separated servers, player's inventory can be cleared. The player is facing the same direction, after being teleported, as the OP when the destination is created. The teleportation works through different worlds too. You can also use Nether Portals to be teleported. Just add a "TravelGates" Sign on the Nether Portal, facing the player's head. Teleportation blocks also allow you to be teleported around an existing destination. You can also manage additional worlds.

Plugin types: Teleportation, Administration tools, Worlds Management.

Info: all information to install, manage and use this plugin is on BukkitDev. Check the previous link.

More details for the teleportation system here.

A very well done and quite informative tutorial (installation and ingame usage) by ANDREJJGaming:

Good tutorial of the plugin (installation + ingame usage) by Minecrafter9842:

Tutorial of the plugin to learn how to use it by VariationVault:

Complete tutorial in Spanish by LastWishSpain

Complete tutorial in Portuguese by AbsintoJ

Watch the source code of TravelGates on GitHub.

DoomLord, Nickbenz and Valtn55 like this.
  2. Offline

Ghomerr

I have released a patch of the current version, from a ticket reporting a bug in the lateste version (1.10.1).

It should be fixed now.

Here is the changelogs of this new version:
    version 1.10.2 (2012-02-18):
    • Support RB 1.1-R4
    • Fix Admin TP check for portals and standard teleportation (wrong display of message)
    • Fix Restriction check for portals teleportation (wrong assignment of variable)

3. Offline

KhaosTaco

How exactly do I use this? Like what are the commands/permissions etc?

4. Offline

Ghomerr

5. Offline

Ghomerr

I will update this plugin to the latest Recommanded Bukkit (1.1-R8) soon. Maybe tomorrow ! (Tuesday 13)

6. Offline

Ghomerr

It's done.

7. Offline

jenks1999

This plug-in isnt compatible with world edit and command book. It error's them both and makes them say the following...
    2012-03-24 09:03:49 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling WorldEdit v5.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class com.sk89q.util.yaml.YAMLProcessor$FancyDumperOptions from class com.sk89q.util.yaml.YAMLProcessor
    at com.sk89q.util.yaml.YAMLProcessor.<init>(YAMLProcessor.java:86)
    at com.sk89q.util.yaml.YAMLProcessor.<init>(YAMLProcessor.java:98)
    at com.sk89q.worldedit.bukkit.WorldEditPlugin.onEnable(WorldEditPlugin.java:91)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:250)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)

2012-03-24 09:03:49 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling CommandBook v2.0 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: com/sk89q/util/yaml/YAMLProcessor$FancyDumperOptions
    at com.sk89q.util.yaml.YAMLProcessor.<init>(YAMLProcessor.java:86)
    at com.sk89q.commandbook.CommandBook.populateConfiguration(CommandBook.java:208)
    at com.zachsthings.libcomponents.bukkit.BasePlugin.loadConfiguration(BasePlugin.java:106)
    at com.zachsthings.libcomponents.bukkit.BasePlugin.onEnable(BasePlugin.java:70)
    at com.sk89q.commandbook.CommandBook.onEnable(CommandBook.java:96)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:250)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)

Or should i take this up with command book and world edit?

8. Offline

Ghomerr

I don't know why you are thinking this is my plugin which causes these errors.

Did you try to remove it, and restart your server ? Do you still encounter these errors after that ?

The error "stacktraces" are "talking" about "YAML" processor at the beginning. I think you should search in this way.

Do you use the latest version of WorldEdit and CommandBook ? Do you use the right version of Bukkit with these plugins ?

Mine may be not compatible with Craftbukkit 1.2.3 or later, because I haven't tested it with these versions. But I don't think this is it which makes your errors.

9. Offline

Ghomerr

version 1.10.4 (2012-03-27):
    • Support RB 1.2.4-R0.1
    • Get the version from the plugin description (instead of from a global variable)
    • Use the onEnable and onDisable methods from superclass

Sorry, I've just found a little bug that I've just fixed in the version 1.10.5:

version 1.10.5 (2012-03-27):
    • Fix not saving the configuration for tpblock config

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  10. Offline

Ghomerr

version 1.10.6 (2012-03-29):
    • Support RB 1.2.4-R1.0

11. Offline

Ryan_Wilson

i know im being a derp But can you tp to other worlds or even make/generate worlds or do you need a plugin for that?
    :eek:[diamond] [diamond]

12. Offline

Ghomerr

For the first question, you can travel to different worlds.

But, you cannot generate new worlds with my plugin.

However, you can add an existing world and it will be loaded if you add it in the configuration "worlds" (just add its name) or if you load it ingame. Then, it will be loaded automatically. But you need to create it before. Check on BukkitDev all information about "worlds" command and configuration. Read the "example" page where the "worlds" command is detailed.

Then, you could add some destinations to these new worlds and travel to them.

Tell me if you still encounter some problems.

Edit: I have forgotten to precise something. You can add a destination by specifying the destination manually (using the "p" option). It allows you to make a destination to a world you have never gone before, for instance a new loaded world. Then, with this destination, you can go easily to this world and make other destinations in it.

With the "p" option, you can use the question mark "?" for the height of this unvisited world to be teleported on the highest solid block (and not suffocate in the ground !) Then, you can remove this destination if you have appeared in water (it happened to me :p) and make it on a safe ground !

13. Offline

Bear202

This just spams me errors. I installed everything correctly and it starts saying stuff in red text!

02:12 PM [SEVERE] [TRAVELGATES] Messages resource file not found.
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] java.lang.ClassCastException: sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection$JarURLInputStream cannot be cast to java.io.FileInputStream
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at com.ghomerr.travelgates.messages.TravelGatesMessagesManager.<init>(TravelGatesMessagesManager.java:39)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at com.ghomerr.travelgates.TravelGates.loadMessages(TravelGates.java:1712)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at com.ghomerr.travelgates.TravelGates.onEnable(TravelGates.java:126)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:363)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:250)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:232)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
    02:12 PM [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)
    02:12 PM [INFO] [TRAVELGATES] Plugin loading done. There are 0 destinations loaded.

14. Offline

Ghomerr

You should try another language than "default". This configuration may not work properly. I had tested it, but it seems something has changed since this time...

Stuff in red text is caused by this error. Messages are not loaded correctly, so the plugin displays the message key by default when the message is missing.

Please, try to use a messages file instead of the default configuration. And tell me if it solves your problem. Try the English configuration "en" with the file "messages_en.lang" in the TravelGates directory.

15. Offline

Ghomerr

version 1.10.7 (2012-04-04):
    • Support RB 1.2.5-R1.0
    Please, keep in mind that you are only allowed to travel from a destination to another one. You cannot go to a destination if you are not on an existing one (but if you are an admin using the /tg <dest> command with the option -f). The sign teleportation also works by standing on an existing destination !

Concerning the teleportation blocks, it must be adjacents to an existing destination, and the destination block must be a teleportation block. See this illustration:
    [​IMG]
    The destination is on the "D" green block. Other green blocks are not on a destination, but in the game, they were all of the same kind of block, for instance, lime wool.

On the "O" block, where the greens blocks are placed in a "rectangular" form, or in line, you can travel as you were standing on the "D" destination block. Other locations are wrong. Other green blocks with the "X" are not valid because they do not make a "rectangular" surface containing the destination.

For portals, it is about the same. The destination has to be created on the green blocks, on the beneath picture, or on the "P" blocks, which represtent the portal blocks of the Nether portal. "F" blocks are for the "frame" of the portal.
    [​IMG]
    If you don't place the destination on these blocks, your Nether portal will work as usual, even if you have well configured the TravelGates sign.

I have made a page with this information on BukkitDev. Check it there !

I'd like to add some info.

I seriously plan to make improvements on this plugin, instead of what I had said before (that I stopped adding improvements). I have seen the amount of downloads to be more and more important these last days. Since the 29 march, there were around 2000 downloads ! o_o

So, I will take time, soon, to improve my plugin. I'll begin with using the LinkedChest plugin core, adapted to this plugin, to be more efficient and convenient to update and maintain. Then, I will add some planned features which are available in the changelogs file (in the TODO list).

There are:
    • Find Nether Portal Signs generically (independent of the Portal shape)
    • Use the LinkedChest plugin core
    • Refactoring the teleportation System
    • Add new world support to the /tg worlds command
    • Create custom Nether Portals
    • Show additional worlds
    • New option destination f : a destination can be reached from everywhere, whitout being on another destination
    I hope to have the time to add all these features. Perhaps during this month !
    The stricken line won't be directly implemented in this plugin. I'd like to make it in a stand alone plugin as "custom" Nether portals should work because the portal "block" is self-sufficient to go to the Nether (tried with the /give command).

Thank you very much for all of you who use or try my plugin !

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

mattswat

I type in /tg and nothing comes up. Is that a bug?

17. Offline

Ghomerr

Yeah.

Someone has found the same bug with my other plugin LinkedChest, and I've fixed it. But in this plugin, I think this bug is still there.

I will add it in my Todo list ;)

Edit: It's weird. I have checked the code and the plugin should display the help message when you type in "/tg" without arguments... o_o

18. Offline

DaedNoise

So, I'm a complete and utter n00bian at mods thus far, so I apologize for this redundant question. I have your mod setup, and as far as I can tell it's working. I want to use a portal to jump from world to another differently named world, lets say Nirvana. I've loaded the world successfully and have used the current command to add the destination to the world:
    /tg add jump -p(nirvana,5,?,20)s
    I get the added destination jump. I add a sign to the correct block on the portal and when I right click on it to activate it, I get an error saying I can't get to Jump, from here. If possible, could you please let me know what I did wrong?

19. Offline

Ghomerr

Yes, of course.

The sign on the portal frame is activated with a lever on the side of the block where the sign is placed.
    When you click on the lever, it will power the block where the sign is and will update the sign state from ON to OFF, and vice versa.

If you check my second video here :
    You could see clearly how it works.

If your world is correctly loaded (you can see it by typing in "/tg worlds") you will be able to go there using the destination "jump".

I hope I've helped you :)

20. Offline

DaedNoise

Thanks for the help!

Unfortunately it still didn't work. I added the lever, got the -ON- and -OFF- states as it shows in the video. But, if I jump into the portal with it on, I'm still transported to the nether.

21. Offline

Ghomerr

22. Offline

DaedNoise

Yes, the configuration has portal and sign set to true. I thought it might have something to do with the permissions being set to true as well, but I set that to false as well and still getting the same response and action.

23. Offline

Iyeru

When using /tg without any parameters, it gives red text saying [SHORT HELP]

Please add a help file in its jar =/

Also note your system uses EssentialsProtect. How do I disable it from doing such?

24. Offline

Ghomerr

DaedNoise: I'm thinking of something... Where did you place the destination which corresponds of the portal ? I mean, the portal must be near an existing destination to work properly, like other teleportation means.

Check this page on BukkitDev : http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/travelgates/pages/tricky-information-about-teleportation-systems/

It's my last idea... I also suggest you to enable the debug mode and try to use the nether portal, copy the logs of the server and paste them here to let me analyze them.

@lyeru: mattswat, with the kirby avatar, told me that did nothing. You reassure me !

To answer you, you got the red message because the messages file has not been loaded or wasn't found. To make it work, you have to configure the language parameter (in the configuration file) with a language code. For instance, "en" for english. Then, in the plugin directory "TravelGates", you must put a message file named exactly "messages_en.lang".

Check the server logs when the plugin is loaded to find some errors during this step.

And, what do you mean by "help file" ? You mean a file with some details of how to install or use my plugin ? If it the case, you will find this help in the README file, in the "resources.zip" archive or on BukkitDev.

And sorry, I haven't understood your last message about EssentialsProtect. Could you clarify your question ?

Edit: I have forgotten something. A quite nice youtuber made a good tutorial of this plugin. Check it there:

25. Offline

YoMistaM

Thanks so much! Really helped

26. Offline

Ghomerr

Version 2 in progress...

I have integrated the LinkedChest core to the version 2. This version starts from scratch, which allows me to make some optimizations and add planned features and fixes easily.

27. Offline

EmperorKenjin

Ghomerr

Sir I think there is a bug , cause when i test it out it always do the same ,my point is that when i created a portal linked to another portal , then when i try to go in sometimes it brings me to the nether ,then i notice , to prevent that happening to me, I need to step on the location I created and step/put my half body to the portal , could you please fix this bug?

28. Offline

Ghomerr

29. Offline

swaseras

hey i got a little problem. i have two portals lets say A and B. i can go to B from A, but from B to A i cant and it drops me to nether and all destination names are correct and i placed white wool, sign(typed destination name in), lever any suggestions? :D

30. Offline

Ghomerr

Someone has already ask me this question.

I paste my answer:

And the link : http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/travelgates/pages/tricky-information-about-teleportation-systems/

And, try to disable the tpblock configuration (/tp tpblock) to see if your problem is not linked to it.

If your portal sends you to the Nether without displaying any message, it must be caused by a wrong destination placement. When the portal teleportation event is triggered, from your current location, the plugin searches a destination at the locations in the drawing from the link below. If there is no destination, the portal teleportation event is executed and your are sent to the Nether.

31. Offline

Lilerem94

awesome plugin ! :)
    But it doesn't work..! i make the installation wrong :(
    i dont understand that .. pls help :)