Towny clone (of sorts)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Ant59, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Ant59

In IRC chat, a lot of people have been asking about a replacement for Towny.

As such, I would like to put together a project to create such a plugin for hMod.

Can we put together a feature list here. Anyone who is interested, may reply below with ideas.

Also, any developers may volunteer to help.

Current features:
    - Cities: Each will have Mayor, Council and Citizens
    - States: Not yet decided, but perhaps certain types of state could be possible, such as democracy, monarchy, dictatorship etc...
    - Protection: On a state-wide and town-wide level.
    - States will have statuses toward each other, such as neutral, enemy, ally or at war. Allies can build in each others' states.

Current volunteers:
    - Ant59
    - Master-Guy

Towny original thread: http://forum.hey0.net/showthread.php?tid=29

2. I'm in to help ^^ you knew already

3. Offline

croxis

Towny is being ported to bucket. The git repo is here

4. Offline

McSpuds

Here is what I had as a layout.

We need two levels:

"Village", the base level. Village would have a player set as leader.
    "Kingdom", the meat of the plugin. Needs a leader as well.
    "Villages" need some sort of protected area, just a small one, not huge. Maybe a 24x24 area for start and build more later as players join village.

Basic setup is simple, players join villages, villages join Kingdoms, Kingdoms can set a "war stance" with other Kingdoms as Neutral(default), Friendly, or Enemy.

Neutral Stance: Players from nations that have their war stance set to neutral can not enter each others protected areas, this would include players not in a Village or Kingdom.

Friendly Stance: Players from the Kingdoms that have their war stance set to friendly may enter another Kingdoms area but not build or damage anything inside that protected area.

Enemy Stance: Players from the Kingdoms in a enemy war stance ignore protected areas! Let the Wars Begin!
    (later on a possible link to iConomy would be that players in Kingdoms that are in a War stance would loose money at a given rate....)This would give a deterrence from remaining at war all the time....

You would need the basic admin controls to add, delete, modify ect...

One bug on towny was a player standing outside the protected area, could "reach out" and damage a block inside of the area. We simply built inside of the protected area at a distance of 6 blocks to keep them from doing this.

Anyway, my server is in a bad need for a plug similar to this.

added: Villages in a Kingdom should be able to build in each others Villages. Maybe give Village leaders the ability to turn this on|off?

5. Offline

Ant59

Right ok. So this is a pretty good start point. I'll tweak it slightly, but maintain what you've got here.

6. Offline

McSpuds

Update please, have you started?

7. Heya,

We have started with the plugin :p
    At this moment we have the barebone set up, added the first commands listeners and the settings to it.
    However, before we fill in the commands, we are first thinking out the structure and the options that we want available in the plugin.

All commands will be changeable and you will have the option to limit options to certain people. We have to think about how we set it up all perfectly though.. When I get back from work, or when Ant59 gets home, we'll set up a thread in the development section of the forum where we will provide status updates on a regular base. This thread will remain open for suggestions and reference to the other thread.

MG

8. Offline

Kainzo

Herocraft coding team should be in on this as well.

9. Offline

McSpuds

I'm using factions right now. Is this factions?

10. No, this is not factions or anything like it. This will be a completely new concept that we are creating and will combine multiple functionalities.