Towny chat help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by smuggufo, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

smuggufo

Hey guys i have a minecraft server... And i have towny and the chat looks like this right now "[Grief-Craft][g][Staff_Towns:ShroomVille] [Owner]owner leader Smugg:
    I want it to be
    [g][nation][town] [rank] name
    How can i do that? If you could give me a premade chat or somthing that would be great thx

2. Go inside your plugins folder/directory. Now go into the "Towny" folder. Click on settings. (/plugins/Towny/settings). Open up chatconfig.yml with notepad (Or notepad++ which I recommend).
    Now go under "channel_formats:" and configure that as you please.
    I configured the channel formats for you (Essentials nicknames should work with this too):
    Code:
      channel_formats:
        # This is the format which will be used for GLOBAL chat/channels.
        # This is also the format used when you have modify_chat.enable: true, but use other plugins to handle chat.
        global: '{channelTag}{nationformatted}{townyformatted}{modplayername}:{permsuffix}{msgcolour} {msg}'
        # TOWN channel types.
        town: '{channelTag}{modplayername}:{msgcolour} {msg}'
        # NATION channel types.
        nation: '{channelTag}{townyformatted}{permprefix}{modplayername}:{msgcolour} {msg}'
        # DEFAULT channel types.
        default: '{channelTag}{nationformatted}{townyformatted}&2{modplayername}:{msgcolour} {msg}'

3. Offline

patar15

you would have to change it in the towny chat config files or the essentials config files but im pretty sure its the towny chat config files.

4. Offline

smuggufo

Well its almost what i want but it says the nation 2 times.... and i also dont want the world name in :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.