Top 5/10 Bukkit Plugins

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Sayshal, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Sayshal

Hey guys, I'm wondering what kind of plugins you all use, and why you use them compared to their competitors, so let's see some discussion. (No, I'm not looking for plugins, I'm just wondering who uses what and why!)

Please follow a clean format such as:
    I'll start:

Plugin Name: Commandbook
    Category: General/ADMN/TOOLS
    Why I love it: Simple, easy setup, fast support response & active
    Benefits over competitors: I've used it since the beginning of my bukkit activity so I find it's competitors useless, while some of them do more, Commandbook does what I need!

P.S: Plugin devs, if you want to use your own plugin you have to be honest, not "Well I made it so it's perfect", what's good about it that other plugins don't do?

PapiDimmi and Onionbro like this.
  2. Offline

LaxWasHere

3. Offline

Sayshal

4. Offline

Necrodoom

category*

also:
    Plugin Name: Essentials
    Category: General/ADIMN/TOOLS
    Why I love it: Simple, easy setup, fast support response, active, lots of features but low usage
    Benefits over competitors: used it since early bukkit, always gets better and better. the team is great and responds a lot.

Snipes01 likes this.
  5. Offline

chakyl

Plugin Name: PVPArena
    Catagory: Fun, Mechanics, Role-Playing
    Why I love it: The amount of configuring available. Want to make a Walls arena? Go ahead. How bout' a Survival Games or Paintball arena? You can do that to! It puts out the effort that you put into it.
    Benefits over competitors: Pretty much the same as why I like it. No other arena plugin has as much configurability as PVPArena.

Onionbro likes this.
  6. Offline

Onionbro

Sayshal Commandbook is a keeper. No bloat. Just what you need.

You can go ahead and add WorldEdit and WorldGuard to the list. Call me a fanboy, but sk89q has contributed allot.

Damn, I didn't follow the format, but having quality updates, bugfixes, and usable dev builds helps when we have a big mc update.

7. Offline

Sayshal

Yeah, sk is by far my favorite most respect developer.

Onionbro likes this.
  8. Offline

chad53105

Plugin Name: Towny
    Category: Land Management
    Why I love it: Out-of-the-box setup makes it easy to use. Keeps griefing a town very difficult. Allows for a community of builders to build in the same style. Although it can be a bit complex with permissions, after you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature.
    Benefits over competitors: I only know of one other plugin similar to towny, factions. I have seen factions used and it seems both do the same exact thing. Honestly, I have not used factions, just played on a server with it and found that towny to be a bit more fitting for me.

http://palmergames.com/towny/
    It is a shame it is no longer hosted on dev.bukkit.org anymore :(

9. Offline

Lolmewn

*Hopes someone will nominate Sortal or Stats or something*

10. Offline

TnT

Multiverse-Core w/ Multiverse-Portals and Statistician.

Did I do it correctly?

GravedigginSearchBar and np98765 like this.
  11. Offline

Lolmewn

No, you ruined my day :'(

12. Offline

Sayshal

Does Statistician even work anymore? I loved the web module for it. :/

13. Offline

TnT

Yeah, it still does. It does some pretty horrible MySQL queries though, and killed my performance after months of running it. I've stopped using it.

14. Offline

Sayshal

Lmao Lolmewn I'll use your Stats plugin if you make a "Statistician Legacy" Web module (just the aesthetics <3)

15. Offline

Lolmewn

Don't worry, I'm writing a converter from Statistician to Stats ;)
    edit: Not the web-end though :O I suck at those!

16. Offline

TnT

You do need to improve that.

17. Offline

Lolmewn

Yeah, but I also have to *ahem* clear DBO queues. Besides, I suck at designing websites. Luckily someone made WebStatsX, which is far prettier than the default one.

18. Offline

TnT

Yet you're still on the forums... and you wonder why I whip you.

np98765 likes this.
  19. Offline

Lolmewn

It's funny because no-one other then DBO staff got this joke.

20. Offline

seemethere

Plugin Name: WorldGuard
    Why I love it: I absolutely love the API and what the plugin does in general. It's so versatile in what you can do with it, both from an in-game perspective and a development perspective
    Benefits over competitors: Easy to use, easily modifiable, easy to add things on. If it wasn't for WorldGuard I don't think I would have ever started coding plugins.

Sayshal likes this.
  21. Offline

ZachBora

iChat by drakia
    Can't top that chat formatting.

22. Offline

PapiDimmi

Plugin Name: Prism
    Category: ADMIN TOOLS and ANTI-GRIEFING TOOLS
    Why I love it: Easy to use, can rollback/lookup very good and precisely
    Benefits over competitors: I don't give a f**** if somebody grief. Just use Prism/CoreProtect, and f**** rollback that sh** :D

Prism
    CoreProtect

23. Offline

Sayshal

Why are you so curse-happy.. Jesus.

24. Offline

PapiDimmi

I like swearing .__.

OK is this better?

-.-

25. Offline

Sayshal

Don't quote the original post you made and edit it, actually edit the original post and remove this dupe, don't spam my thread plox<3

26. Offline

PapiDimmi

Geezus man!

27. Offline

Sayshal

Still didn't fix it... Now my thread is all dirty with your anger and multiquotes. -.-

28. Offline

PapiDimmi

My anger? Multiquotes? One "kind" quotes, and wheres my anger? :D

29. Offline

Onionbro

Plugin Name: GriefPrevention
    Category: Anti-Grief, Admin Tools, Chat Management, World Editing/Management, Game Mechanics.

Why I Love It: GriefPrevention reduces the number of actions you have to do in order to protect your land. It also eases new players into the concept of area protection by creating their first protective area when they first place a chest. At that moment it also informs them that if they want to make their plot bigger they need X item. After that the player just has to click a few times to expand their claim. It's features are diverse enough to allow town management as well. For user-managed area protection I don't think there is anything better in terms of ease of use and learning curb.

Benefits Over Competitors: I still have a block logger, but ever since I started using GriefPrevention I have never had to use it since nobody has been griefed. A whitelist does help keep out rough customers though. I don't think residence can compete with how easy GP is to use. I want new players to not have to worry about learning too much and just get to playing, which GP allows. The rest of the area protection plugins still have a steeper learning curb.

PapiDimmi Stop posting off topic and go away. You are not contributing anything to this conversation.

30. Offline

Gravity

Plugin Name: Disco Sheep
    Category: Fun
    Why I love it: The most iconic plugin from hMod, at least in my experience. I haven't used the Bukkit version much, but not a lot has changed. Ask anyone on my old server and they'll remember this plugin. I'm not even going to explain it; it's the only plugin I can remember that didn't have a single person who hated it.
    Benefits over competitors: Who?

afistofirony and Jeyge like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.