Inactive [TOOL] Linux Ramdisk Management Script

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by HotelErotica, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

HotelErotica

This is basically a simple ramdisk management script written in bash that i have created for my personal use that I'm putting out to share with other people, I'll plan to update it as needed and if anyone needs a feature out of it feel free to ask!

Features
    • Start/Stop/Restart Server
    • Transfer server files automatically to ramdisk
    • Sync ramdisk and physical drive automatically via cron
    • Configurable server backups via manual trigger or cron
    • Uses loops instead of set wait times providing faster more efficient file management
    • Highly Configurable
    Planned
    • Tutorial for setting up a ramdisk
    • More detailed forum post

(wget friendly)​

Change Log
    • Initial Release

2. Offline

Tomaz

Looks really good!

3. Offline

Draqo

This looks amazing!

Does it put the whole Minecraft folder into the RAMdisk?

4. Offline

LEOcab

How do I open this? I have Windows Vista.

jkjk. Nice job! I used to have something similar before my worlds got too big for RAM. :D

5. Offline

Draqo

It works perfectly fine for me, except, it acts a bit weird.

When I run the script from root using the start command, it doesn't say anything about prepping, ever.
    But if I do it from the minecraft user, it does the prepping stuff. But says the commands couldn't be executed, due to it being wrong operator.

And besides that, if I run it from root it says "Minecraft_server starting.. Failed!", but the server runs just fine and everything. I check it by using the status command.

PS: I use Debian.

Nevermind, I made my own.

6. Offline

HotelErotica

@LEOcab
    Thanks!
    @Draqo
    I so wasn't getting alerts for posts here! My bad!

7. When I stop the server via does script does it make sure to save everything to physical disk in case I reboot my root server?
    I had a RAM disk script before and it somehow deleted all my physical files and ram disk files while trying to sync...

8. Offline

HotelErotica

@silthus
    If the script is in your servers init and the machine is shutdown properly it'll save, however if you have a power failure or something of that nature you'll loose whatever was in the ram from the last disk save.

9. Offline

linkinkov

link does work

10. Offline

hawkfalcon

The link does not work, because this thread is very old. Most likely it does not exist anymore.

chakyl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.