TnT not acting correctly CraftBukkit #132

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Da_Penguin, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Da_Penguin

Running CraftBukkit #132 on a server with some friends, tnt doesn't appear to interact properly with other tnt blocks, which makes building a cannon impossible.

CraftBukkit cannon: tnt placed next to each other and set off in sequence does not cause tnt to be projected

Vanilla cannon: tnt placed next to each other and set off in sequence will fling tnt away from the initial explosion site.

Not running any addons or anything, craftbukkit is launched with

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar

any ideas? anything else i need to add, new to this stuff

Cheers,

EDIT: Appears I'm not the only one with the issue,

http://bugs.bukkit.org/issues/284

is the same

2. Offline

Plague

Tested and you are right. If you prime two TNTs (not on the same time) the first explosion does not move the second TNT.

I'll post a bugreport on that.

Edit: It was already there as a bug 284

3. Offline

Niff

Was trying to make some "TNT cannons" on my server and noticed this the other day. Found this post, and figured I could contribute just a bit. The issue starts occuring in build 90, based on going back and testing all versions, the changes listed from 89 to 90 include:
    So I guess it sort of makes sense. Not to be impatient or anything, but hopefully its a simple fix that can be applied soon, love the mod so far.

4. Offline

TnT

Can someone clarify that this is still happening on later builds?

5. Offline

barghest

Testing...

I placed and activated one TNT, it acted normal.

Placed two TNT, activated one: the first went off and triggered the other, which also went off after falling straight down.

I placed three TNT, activated two, and the earliest-activated TNT went off successfully. The other two fell straight down into a flow of water and seemed to disappear, but I suppose they probably went off and the effects weren't visible due to water's damping effect on TNT detonations.

I am using whatever the very newest build is, the one with the comment "Dinnerbone - you don't override for interfaces!"

EDIT: Note that in all cases I have the TNT falling straight down after a close-by TNT explosion.
    EDIT2: I disabled all my plugins - I'm not running any world protecting or explosion nerfing plugins, but I disabled them anyway, to verify that the results are identical.

An odd graphical glitch: When the TNT box is first activated, the TNT flashes white and also bounces, which I think is normal, when it's about to go off - but it starts bouncing through the block it's supposed to be sitting on, almost entirely vanishing through it before bouncing back up. IIRC - I don't play much vanilla or SP - TNT is supposed to bounce atop the block it's sitting on, rather than falling through it and bouncing atop the block blow that.

Doesn't really look right; probably just cosmetic, but might help you troubleshoot?

6. Offline

Niff

If memory serves, that happens in the regular minecraft too, just how the client handles movement by assuming where it will be based on current speeds

7. Offline

TnT

I just want to point out that I always act correctly. Correctly being a subjective term. ;)

8. Offline

mughi

I came in here to say something along these lines.. you beat me to it... <shakes fist>

9. Offline

Rilly

i noticed the bug is showing resolved, but I'm still having this happen on version 531.. Trying to build a TNT cannon, but it just explodes (is it because its multiplayer and lag?)

10. Offline

Plague

TnT you have been given an infraction for spamming :D

OT: hmm i think the bug that tnt has not moved other tnts should be solved. Isn't this something else? Can you reproduce on regular minecraft_server.jar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.