TNT Block Explosion

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by TheCoolGuy123_5, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Offline

Splated

2. Offline

filbert66

Vortex effect looks cool. I like the ejection of the blocks at the top.

You need to add some instructions how to trigger each type of explosion. Be cool to include adding the effect to arrows as shown in your video.

Splated likes this.
  3. Offline

Splated

filbert66 i will at instructions when i have them, its all still beta and very rough.

Any explosion would cause the effects creepers, tnt so a explosive arrow mod would also cause the effects.

did you see the vortex storm ?

filbert66 likes this.
  4. Offline

filbert66

Wow, that is awesome!

Suggest you'll need ways to configure different behavior for each type of explosion. Check sourceEntity.getType() to figure it out. People won't want a vortex storm every time a creeper goes off, but may want it for TNT.

FYI, just published a similar feature I've been working on in parallel. I call it "ground pound". Sounds like you had a similar idea with "BLOW UP".

It's in version 4.4 (now approved) of
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/sss-thor/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
    TheCoolGuy123_5 likes this.
  5. Offline

Splated

Cool, I was plaining to have 2 blow Up type effects blow UP would lift every block above the blast up 3 blocks then send them crashing down. Second one I had was to generate a ripple outward from the blast. i know i can do a square shape ripple but i want to do a ring and I'm not sure how just yet.

I also changed the vortex now its a ball of of explosions that drifts upwards with spinning blocks around it, as it moves.

6. Offline

filbert66

I started with a square and then excluded blocks whose distance from center is greater than desired radius. It was tricky to get it to work without "losing" blocks when they all fall back down. I didn't like the holes it created. That's why I set it to ignore boosting blocks that have a block above them; I tried boosting those recursively at half power, but it still made holes afterward.

BTW, have you noticed how it's taking Bukkit longer to approve new projects or files? I've had two file updates waiting since the 9th, and my new project took a week!

7. Offline

TheCoolGuy123_5

I'm waiting for it to be approved still. :(

8. Offline

filbert66

If you want to try it, you can get an early copy of Thor 4.4 here. Doesn't trigger with TNT, but sounds like the same effect Splated is planning.

9. Offline

Splated

TheCoolGuy123_5
    me too :(

10. Offline

TheCoolGuy123_5

It looks like its forbidden..

11. Offline

Splated

This project was not approved because:
    Your project has no files. To better improve approval speed and quality of projects found on BukkitDev, please submit a working plugin along side your project. If you do not have a working plugin, you do not have a valid project at this time.

I resubmitted with the current version it mostly works.

Don't know if you can view this link but heres the alpha
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/fun_with_tnt/files/1-fun-with-tnt-alpha/

I have a new problem lets say i want to craft a new "Vortex TnT" block i can add meta data to create the player item.

when the block is placed i can store that block into a list and have some particle effects play on it so you know its special tnt.

Now heres the problem, theres no event that happens when the block of tnt becomes a Primed_TNT Entity,

When the Primed_TNT explodes I can get its location, but it could have fallen, or flung around from the blast.

Any idea how to get the original tnt block from the Primed_TNT Entity?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  12. Offline

filbert66

I have had the same issue in AntiCreeper. There is an outstanding PR against Bukkit for this, but still not pulled in. Original bug report here. :(

13. Offline

Splated

I been trying to use the BlockPhysicsEvent but i think it triggers before the Entity is created
    Collection<TNTPrimed> b = event.getBlock().getWorld().getEntitiesByClass(TNTPrimed.class);

I did find that TNTPrimed has a getFallDistance() maybe i can get a guess where it fell from but its in no way 100%.

14. Offline

TheCoolGuy123_5

Its ready for download now

15. Offline

Splated

TheCoolGuy123_5 what's up there is buggy but I had to post something or the admins wouldn't approve it.

I have been able to make the new bombs craftable. I'll have it up soon

16. Offline

Splated

17. Offline

TheCoolGuy123_5

As commented:
    "Its working good, but Its ignoring tnt deny. I disabled tnt, but now it still works."

Its ignoring that tnt is disabled in that region/world/global region.

18. Offline

Anonymous350

Splated

If you haven't already, add the following to your code, unless you prefer Item dropping.
    Code:java
    1. fallb.setDropItem(false);

19. Offline

Splated