Tinker's Mechworks

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by pie_flavor, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

pie_flavor

Hello! I am a slightly noobish plugin developer myself, but I cannot make this, and it would complete my server perfectly. What I am looking for is a plugin that duplicates the functionality of the Tinker's Construct addon, Tinker's Mechworks. This plugin adds 3 items:

Drawbridge: This is a renamed dispenser. It is crafted gold ingot, gold plate, gold ingot, iron ingot, dispenser, iron ingot, iron ingot, redstone, iron ingot. When it is opened, it has a chest inventory made into a GUI. On the left, there are directional buttons, including a center button. In the middle, there is an open slot which, when a block is placed into it, changes the block into that one. It still behaves like a drawbridge though. In the mod, this is designed to change the texture. On the right there is a slot where the drawbridge blocks are placed. The blocks in there are the ones that are placed. The arrow buttons change the orientation of orientable blocks like stairs. When a redstone signal is given to the drawbridge, it places one block per .75 seconds in the direction it's facing (or the direction the dispenser was facing if the block was retextured), making a piston noise each time. The drawbridge can also be placed up or down to make doors. When the redstone signal is removed, the drawbridge retracts in the same fashion, refilling its item inventory. It does not remove blocks it didn't place, but this does not interrupt the removal of the original blocks, nor does a sudden gap. Blocks cannot be placed past other blocks in their path. The directional feature is optional if you think you can do it. Any slots in the GUI not mentioned are disabled, preferably with a placeholder item such as redstone. A maximum of 16 items can be placed in the slot.

Advanced Drawbridge: This is another renamed dispenser. It is crafted null, gold plate, null, redstone, drawbridge, redstone, null, gold ingot, null. Its GUI is similar to the first one, with one major difference. Where previously there was an open slot for drawbridge items, there is now a chest named Inv, which when clicked takes you to a two-row inventory. Two slots are disabled, preferably with placeholder items, leaving 16. Only one item each can be placed in these slots. When the drawbridge is activated, it will place these blocks in the order they appear in the inventory, allowing for different blocks in the same drawbridge/door. The same rules apply to the advanced drawbridge as the normal drawbridge, and additionally the drawbridge will not skip over any blank slots - the door sequence ends there if it reaches one. The blocks should move forward like they were being pushed by a piston - if I said glass, obsidian, glass in the drawbridge, it would put glass in front of it, then it would be obsidian in front of it followed by glass, then it would be glass followed by obsidian followed by glass.

Extended Drawbridge: This is a third renamed dispenser. It is crafted using a shapeless recipe with 3 diamonds, 3 iron ingots, a redstone block, and a drawbridge (not an advanced one). It is identical to the drawbridge save for the fact that the input slot can hold 64 items instead of 16.
    Thank you for reading the post. Please reply.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@pie_flavor Could you add some enters for readability?

3. Offline

pie_flavor

4. Offline

pie_flavor

5. Offline

Abstract97

Could you add some more indentation, perhaps titles and bold formatting so this is easier to read. Could you also add some pictures displaying the crafting recipes, example GUIS, and how you want this system to work, then maybe ill give it ago, but right now i don't really understand what you are asking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.