TimeOut error?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Dj U4euh, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Dj U4euh

Hello, well this is my first post on Bukkit. I've just downloaded BukkitCraft after my many troubles with Hmod. So I just started a server to play with a friend and the weird thing is the lan is working (I run the server off of my laptop and play the game on my home computer) but everytime my friend tries to log in, he gets an error message that says the server timed out. I just downloaded it and server has no plugins yet. My files for the server are located in my desktop aswell. I don't know if this is a problem but please help! i dont want to "acciendtly" throw my wii remote at my computer out of pure rage. Thanks!

Use Full info:

1. Running On Windows 7 starter 6.1.7600 Build 7600
    2. x86
    3. Java jre6
    4. Craftbukkit build 141

2. Offline

Selbram

Please edit your post so that it is readable and someone might help you.

3. Offline

Astrognome

Is it portforwarded?

4. Offline

Dj U4euh

Yes all ports are forwarded correctly.

5. Offline

titus0010

I actually have the same problem. Any other suggestions?

6. Offline

TnT

7. Offline

Dj U4euh

updated the information

8. Offline

TnT

Do you see any errors on the console itself?

If you post your public IP, I can try to connect, or telnet to the port to confirm it is open.

9. Offline

Dj U4euh

71.188.23.188 is the ip, thank you very much for helping me out!

10. Offline

TnT

C:\Users\TnT>telnet 71.188.23.188 25565
    Connecting To 71.188.23.188...Could not open connection to the host, on port 255
    65: Connect failed

Your port is not open, not pointing to the correct machine, or your server is not running.

11. Offline

Dj U4euh

try once more, server randomly turned off a second ago

12. Offline

TnT

I can ping that IP at least, but still cannot telnet to that port.
    Your port is not open, not pointing to the correct machine, or your server is not running.

13. Offline

Dj U4euh

Okay, thanks for the input, but what do you mean by "not pointing to the correct machine?"

14. Offline

TnT

I'm going to have to make a few assumptions. I'm assuming you're running it from home, and using your router at home to port forward the port to your server at home. By "not pointing to the correct machine", I mean, are you sure the IP you forwarded the port to is the IP of your server?

15. Offline

Dj U4euh

Yes I just checked and made sure all the ports are forwarded and yes I'm running from home. Do you recommend getting a dedicated server? if so is there a tutorial i can see on how to do that?

16. Offline

TnT

No, I don't recommend that unless you need that. No problem running from home if you set it up right.

The telnet "test" I'm trying is basically saying you haven't got an open port to your server. So either you haven't got it forwarded correctly, or there is another firewall somewhere blocking the connection.

17. Offline

ShivalWolf

Check the windows firewall It might be blocking the inbound connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.