Timeout, but ports and firewall are open, help?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Jandalf, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jandalf

hello,

i used cb one month ago and it worked fine, but now i tried it again it everyone not in my network gets the timeout error. what am i doing wrong? port is standart 25565 and opened at the router. i deactivated the firewall for a short time too but its still the same. have i missed anything?

thanks for all help

2. Offline

mughi

deactivation generally doesn't cut it (assuming windows 7)
    Windows 7 Firewall Settings:
    1. create four rules in your firewall settings
    2. inbound, tcp, 25565, allow, all profiles
    3. inbound, udp, 25565, allow, all profiles
    4. outbound, tcp, 25565, allow, all profiles
    5. outbound, udp, 25565, allow, all profile

3. Offline

Jandalf

hm, i dont use the windows firewall, i use f-secure and deactivate that, so must i open the port in both firewalls? but maybe its f-secure because when the server worked the last time i had g-data, i think... will look at it, when there is no other reason.

4. Offline

Plague

@Jandalf
    or should we just make it bigger for you to read it properly? :)
    just try those rules mughi posted

5. Offline

captainawesome7

I got this one
    deactivation generally doesn't cut it (assuming windows 7)
    :) lol

6. Offline

Jandalf

:D ive understood that, i only want to know if i have to allow the port in the win and the f-secure firewall? but ill try both for sure...

7. Offline

Plague

well if you disable f-secure firewall it should not be still on (unlike windows one) therefore no need to add ports there.

8. Offline

Jandalf

ok but i have done that and it still doesnt work, so whats the problem?

9. Offline

Plague

are you connected through a router? if so, your port mapping can be wrong.

10. Offline

mughi

depends how well f-secure integrates with windows firewall.. i would HOPE that if windows firewall notices f-secure, it will actually truly disable itself. but i'd be surprised..

i'd say put the entries in the windows firewall, just in case.. at least as a test

edit:

wait.. it used to work, and now it doesn't? what changed?
    check your ip address.. plague might be right.. if your server's internal ip changed, your router would be pointing to the wrong place

11. Offline

Jandalf

yes im connected through a rounter and it used to work, the mapping was right, i think its the cahnge of the secure program cause i changed from g-data to f-secure, but im not sure cause it could be that it had worked under f-secure... and yes the ip-address changes sometimes but i they are all in the router config. but i will try avira and maybe that will solve the problem...

12. Offline

Plague

Well I'd try first uninstalling f-secure and then making any decisions ;)

13. Offline

Jandalf

ok yeah ur right, i'll try it in a few days...

14. Offline

Jandalf

i tried:

1. uninstalled f-secure
    2. fixed a problem with the win firewall not working
    3. change the firewall config for CB

and i tried CB after each step and everytime its a timeout...

i dont know what to do now. btw the other players can ping my ip so im sure its not them.

15. Offline

Plague

Thre must some other router/firewall in the way, maybe provider is blocking your ports?

16. Offline

Jandalf

no that cant be cause it worked before and i dont change the provider only the firewall, but this is now unistalled....

17. Offline

Plague

Then maybe your IP changed and portforwarding was not updated.

18. Offline

Jandalf

yes my ip changed sometimes i have 3 ips portforewarded in the router cause i use LAN and WLAN, so this cant be the problem, ill be away for 5days and after that i will try around a little more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.